PDA

View Full Version : Just another newbie

Jeremy Butler
02-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Last year I bought a laser and have just been playing with stuff trying to find out what I can and cant do and doing little jobs here and there now I'm wanting to grow and actually start to "get out there" and start marketing. Does anyone have any good tips on any do's and don'ts for marketing or getting the public to know about me? any other tips would be much appreciated :) thanks

Mike Null
02-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Jeremy

Welcome to SMC. There have been a number of such threads so I would recommend a search.

Here's one that just got started.

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=105750

Phyllis Meyer
02-27-2009, 10:34 AM
Hi Jeremy,

Welcome to the creek! You will find the best advice here...swim around and you will find the answers you are looking for. You have a beautiful state, visited last year and will go back.

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Rodne Gold
02-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Hiya Jeremy
The reason ppl will buy your products is that you are better then the opposition or have a unique product that everyone MUST have.
What are you offering in this regard?

Jeremy Butler
02-27-2009, 12:52 PM
well so far most of my previous work has been engraving business signs for local businesses out of alder while I worked at a cabinet shop but I no longer work there. A lot of my other work is putting photos on ceramic tiles for shadow boxes and making coaster sets. I've been making a design for a coffee table with an engaved mural type for the top out of ceramic tiles or formica.

Jeremy Butler
02-27-2009, 1:20 PM
This is what the table would look like. The wood is alder and I would engrave an image on the tiles (or formica). I almost want to make one for me anyways but I would take it to different places to see about putting it in there store or shop. Here's a question, what do I seal the tiles with so stuff doesn't get stuck in the image? and these are the coaster sets