PDA

View Full Version : There has to be a name for this

Belinda Barfield
02-27-2009, 8:14 AM
I'm an obsesser (is that a word?), plain and simple. So, last night I was obsessing over an event I'm coordinating for the 20th of March. Of couse, I was obsessing out loud and my SO listened patiently for about five minutes. When I paused for breath he said, "Look, you've got three weeks to pull this together. Why don't you wait until closer to the date to obsess."

I thought for a minute and replied, "So that would make me what? A procrastinating obsesser?"

Is there a therapist in the house . . . :rolleyes:

Lee Schierer
02-27-2009, 8:18 AM
Please grant me serenity to accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.

Dave Verstraete
02-27-2009, 8:29 AM
Belinda
The sooner you procrastinate.... the more time you have to "not get the job done".

Ken Fitzgerald
02-27-2009, 8:50 AM
Based on the 1st two replies Belinda....I think you came to the wrong place!

Belinda Barfield
02-27-2009, 8:53 AM
Please grant me serenity to accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.

Thanks for the advice Lee. Unfortunately, I don't have a serene bone in my body. I can't even meditate, my brain just won't cooperate.

Belinda
The sooner you procrastinate.... the more time you have to "not get the job done".

LOL . . . well, that's one way of looking at it!

Based on the 1st two replies Belinda....I think you came to the wrong place!

Prolly so Ken, but this is the only place that puts up with me! :D

Doug Shepard
02-27-2009, 9:31 AM
... So, last night I was obsessing over an event I'm coordinating for the 20th of March....

Mild case of Spring Equinox Syndrome. Take 2 shots and call me in the morning.:D

Belinda Barfield
02-27-2009, 9:54 AM
Mild case of Spring Equinox Syndrome. Take 2 shots and call me in the morning.:D

LOL . . . had the two shots last night, so do I call you this morning?

Let me give ya'll a little background on why my SO is ready to stick a sock in my mouth, or run away from home - I'm not sure which. And BTW he had two shots as well! I know we are all busy, but March is just going to kick my butt! I work 7 until 5-5:30-6 five days a week. March 5th and 6th I will be in Tallahassee, FL to help with the installation of back bar stone countertops and a three riser, stone clad, liquor bottle display, and glassware racks at Outback Steakhouse. I'm coordinating a St. Pat's Kick-Off Party on the 13th for about 50 people. On the 14th I have guests coming into town for the big day on the 17th (recuperation on the 18th). The event on Friday the 20th is the Wild Wacky Wonderful Women Spring Fling 2009 at Hard Labor Creek State Park. For this event I am actually attempting to get 16 - count them . . . 16 - women to AGREE on something, anything, just one little thing. Finally I got them all to agree that the one thing we must have is extra toilet paper. :eek: No offense to you ladies out there, and I are one, but I have herded cats into a swimmin' hole with less aggravation. BTW, you can also make a horse drink if you hold his head under long enough!

Bob Moyer
02-27-2009, 10:27 AM
Brenda;

You actually posted for help in a forum where the male population is in the majority; you need more help than I originally thought :D

Belinda Barfield
02-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Yeah Bob, I know, but like I said - you guys are the only ones who put up with me.

I think I have it figured out though, my SO is an obsessive procrastinator. That man can put things off longer than any one I know. He even procrastinates about procrastinating. Oh well, they say opposites attract.

Phyllis Meyer
02-27-2009, 10:41 AM
I am a proud "procrastinator obsessor". No wonder I like you Belinda, sounds like a great time to me. I too say yes to a lot of things and then wonder why I did and am running around like a chicken with my head cut off until the event. I work well under pressure...sounds like you do too!

I have the confidence that all your installations and events will go perfectly, and I'm still considering the Ladies Gathering. I will bring my own toilet paper:D.

Have a sunshine filled day!
Phyllis:)

John Schreiber
02-27-2009, 1:28 PM
Don't worry. Be happy.
In every life we have some trouble.
When you worry you make it double.
Don't worry, be happy......

I think that's one of the things which makes my wife angriest. When she's worried about everything, I'm not.

She says the reason I'm not worried is that I know she'll worry about it and take care of it.

There may be some truth in that, but I'm not gonna worry about it; be happy......

glenn bradley
02-27-2009, 1:49 PM
If you are an obsessing type of person, I would call the recommended 'delayed obsessing', "healthy obsessing". Just as I must have a healthy selfishness to meet my own needs and therefor be a better person around others, you need to have a healthy degree of obsessiveness. this may be a degree of quantity or of schedule. Carry on.

Al Willits
02-27-2009, 2:39 PM
I'm an obsesser (is that a word?), plain and simple. So, last night I was obsessing over an event I'm coordinating for the 20th of March. Of couse, I was obsessing out loud and my SO listened patiently for about five minutes. When I paused for breath he said, "Look, you've got three weeks to pull this together. Why don't you wait until closer to the date to obsess."

I thought for a minute and replied, "So that would make me what? A procrastinating obsesser?"

Is there a therapist in the house . . . :rolleyes:

I think my wife would say that fits me too, only she'd add I suffer from CRS...so I pospone a project till the last minute, get all worked up over it and then ask .....er....what was I doing?? :D

Al

Bill Pine
02-27-2009, 2:55 PM
Hey Belinda,

Although it may be a little early in the season, maybe it's time to make up a batch of the recipe (Bourbon Slush).:p

Bill

David G Baker
02-27-2009, 3:03 PM
Didn't she write that she had two shots last night? Don't know if it was a Bourbon Slush though. :D

Belinda Barfield
02-27-2009, 3:19 PM
Hey Belinda,

Although it may be a little early in the season, maybe it's time to make up a batch of the recipe (Bourbon Slush).:p

Bill

Didn't she write that she had two shots last night? Don't know if it was a Bourbon Slush though. :D

Nope, Bourbon Slush is strictly for summertime. I had two shots of that fine Tennessee Sippin' Whisky - Jack Daniels. :D

Ed Breen
02-27-2009, 3:38 PM
Hmm,
Last time I sampled the bourbon slush was July 4th. I remember because my grandkids and the neighbor kids all remark about the time I fell through the privet bushes. Old Jack may be sipping but if you sip try Knob Creek or Four Roses single barrel.
Ed:):)

Belinda Barfield
02-27-2009, 3:50 PM
Hmm,
Last time I sampled the bourbon slush was July 4th. I remember because my grandkids and the neighbor kids all remark about the time I fell through the privet bushes. Old Jack may be sipping but if you sip try Knob Creek or Four Roses single barrel.
Ed:):)

Yes sir, if you plan to tangle with a privet bush a healthy dose of Bourbon Slush is the best way to start! I actually prefer Knob Creek, but my SO is a JD man through and through - quite literally, I think he tried to drink it all up in his younger days. ;)

Now I just have to know, are all y'all using my Bourbon Slush recipe, or do you have one of your own?

Gene O. Carpenter
02-27-2009, 7:30 PM
If you use more than 3 sheets you're just wasting paper!! :eek: :) :rolleyes: :cool:

Gene

Brian Kent
02-27-2009, 8:54 PM
On the other hand maybe you like obsessing. If so, congratulations of having an obsessive-worthy month.

Belinda Barfield
02-28-2009, 9:13 AM
If you use more than 3 sheets you're just wasting paper!! :eek: :) :rolleyes: :cool:

Gene

LOL . . . I'll share this tidbit with the gals! :D

Jack Dickey
02-28-2009, 9:39 AM
What I wanna know is , what is it with wimmen and extremly high toliet paper usage ??

Ah well , ya caint help it , it's hereditary , your mothers were wimmen too ..

16 hens to agree on something ?? Will we be seeing you in the Guiness Book of World Records ??

Danny Thompson
02-28-2009, 9:54 AM
Hey Belinda,

I you are a regular obsesser, then I would call what you are going through, "living."

Just worry and know that's what you bring to the world. That's why you are in charge.

Ride the wave.

Mark Hix
02-28-2009, 10:50 AM
LOL . . . had the two shots last night, so do I call you this morning?

Let me give ya'll a little background on why my SO is ready to stick a sock in my mouth, or run away from home - I'm not sure which. And BTW he had two shots as well! I know we are all busy, but March is just going to kick my butt! I work 7 until 5-5:30-6 five days a week. March 5th and 6th I will be in Tallahassee, FL to help with the installation of back bar stone countertops and a three riser, stone clad, liquor bottle display, and glassware racks at Outback Steakhouse. I'm coordinating a St. Pat's Kick-Off Party on the 13th for about 50 people. On the 14th I have guests coming into town for the big day on the 17th (recuperation on the 18th). The event on Friday the 20th is the Wild Wacky Wonderful Women Spring Fling 2009 at Hard Labor Creek State Park. For this event I am actually attempting to get 16 - count them . . . 16 - women to AGREE on something, anything, just one little thing. Finally I got them all to agree that the one thing we must have is extra toilet paper. :eek: No offense to you ladies out there, and I are one, but I have herded cats into a swimmin' hole with less aggravation. BTW, you can also make a horse drink if you hold his head under long enough!

Solution: the Talahassee thing is set in stone :D so you can't do anything about that. Stay an extra day and relax. You are the coordinator for the St. Pats thing---delegate the jobs to 4 other participants and tell them you expect results and you will see them at the party. For the WWWWS Fling, just decide on what you want and tell them "we decided". If anyone asks who "we" is.....me, myself and I. No more worries.
Woodford Reserve and I might need your slushy recipe. Glad I could help...No Charge!

Belinda Barfield
02-28-2009, 2:25 PM
What I wanna know is , what is it with wimmen and extremly high toliet paper usage ??

A young lady who had a lot of therapy once told me that it makes a difference if you are a folder, or a wadder. Do you wrap the paper around your hand as you unroll, or just yank of a stretch and wad it up. Apparently those who wad are more outgoing than folders. Go figure!

Woodford Reserve and I might need your slushy recipe. Glad I could help...No Charge!

Just search here on the creek. I posted it once. Enjoy!

Bill Pine
02-28-2009, 2:49 PM
Hey Bellinda,

The Bourbon Slush recipe to which I referred is yours. I highly recommend it.

Bill