PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to my MIL it was a great day. Another Gloat warning.

Toney Robertson
02-26-2009, 9:07 PM
I hope that today was not an aberration.

I made a marketing campaign swing today. First I stopped at a new hotel and convention center in Indy. They had gotten my name from the Indiana Artisan Project and contacted me about carrying some of my pieces. They purchased (cash not consignment) almost $600.00 worth.

Next my MIL took me to new upscale hotel in another town and they were very interested in carrying some of my pieces once they get a display case. Looks like that could be a cash basis also.

Last and maybe the best was when she took me to a HIGH price private club where I made my presentation to two nice ladies that are in charge of their arts program. One of them purchased almost $300.00 worth on the spot and thought that the one piece was too cheap. I am already set up for two of their receptions where I will get to present up my pieces for sale in person. These are people that don't usually ask the price. I might have to adjust my prices!!! :D

Steve, you might be right about this year. I think I can stand sales of almost $1000.00 in a day.

I had to tell someone.

Toney

Don Carter
02-26-2009, 9:17 PM
Toney:
Congratulations! What would we do without MIL's?;)

All the best.

Don

Robert McGowen
02-26-2009, 9:24 PM
You made almost $500 in one day! Congrats!

(mother-in-law equals wife equals half the money gone because you know the mother-in-law will tell her!)

Toney Robertson
02-26-2009, 9:31 PM
You made almost $500 in one day! Congrats!

(mother-in-law equals wife equals half the money gone because you know the mother-in-law will tell her!)

Robert,

That is a good one but in my case, MIL does not have to tell the wife because she was with me.

After 30 years I just can't get rid of her. :eek:

Ladies I was just kidding.

Toney

Steve Schlumpf
02-26-2009, 9:58 PM
WOW!!! Excellent! Looking forward to hearing about all the high end clients you are going to get! Glad to see good things coming your way! You worked hard to get to this point - remember - now you get to showcase what you love to do! Make the most of it and have fun! Your love of what you do will shine through your presentations!

Wish you the very best!

Bernie Weishapl
02-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Congrats Toney. That sounds just great and you are on your way.

charlie knighton
02-27-2009, 2:43 AM
cash not consignment

i sometime think that is more impressive than the amount of sales

thanks for sharing

Jeff Nicol
02-27-2009, 6:28 AM
Toney, That is great! I always say "It is not what you know,but who you know" The more people with money to spend who see your work is a great thing. I have a connection in Colorado and hope to get some things in the right shop out there, that could make a great step for me! Lots of rich hollywood types living in the area needing to put nice art in their new winter cabins!

Great job as always,

Jeff