PDA

View Full Version : Another Introduction

John Lach
07-13-2004, 7:32 AM
Hi All,
As another new member just thought I'd say hi and try to post a couple of pics of a couple of pieces I made for my Granddaughter. This is really a great forum for information and some good reading.

So here are the pics of a toybox and a table and chairs. Hopefully I did this right.
Thanks for looking

John

Dick Parr
07-13-2004, 7:36 AM
Welcome John to the creek and very nice projects there.

Gary Whitt
07-13-2004, 7:43 AM
Welcome, John.

Nice projects.
I'm sure Anissa will enjoy them for many years to come.
I like the thru tenons on the table.

Bob Marino
07-13-2004, 7:44 AM
Welcome aboard. Nice job there and as you know, we like pics.

Bob

Mark Singer
07-13-2004, 8:24 AM
and Welcome!

Bob Hovde
07-13-2004, 8:59 AM
Welcome. It looks like Anissa (and friend) will have some fine furniture as she (they?) grows up.

Bob

Ken Fitzgerald
07-13-2004, 9:02 AM
Welcome John! Nice projects. They could last several generations. Hope you "autographed" them in some way so the following generations will know who made them! Again, Welcome!

Todd Burch
07-13-2004, 9:05 AM
Welcome John!

Terry Hatfield
07-13-2004, 9:39 AM
Welcome John!!!

Excellent job on the projects. I love the little table and benches. Looks like the "client" is quite happy with them as well.

Terry

Ed Hardin
07-13-2004, 10:01 AM
Welcome and a very good job. I noticed that you planned for takedown and storage on the table. Very good forethought.

Brad Schmid
07-13-2004, 10:25 AM
Welcome John! Nice job on the projects.

John Lach
07-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Thanks for all the great comments and replies. Yes she does love them and I've been "commisioned" to do another "toy box" for her. Actually it will end up in our living room I think.

The next one is being planned in walnut with raised panels, so it has a more "formal" appearance.

In the meantime however, I am working on a base for my router table. I'll post some pics soon.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

John

Rich Konopka
07-13-2004, 12:33 PM
Hi John,

Welcome to SMC. I was in your neck of the woods on Saturday when I was at Moores Saw Mill on Mountain Rd. Have you been there?

Nice picture fo your grandaughter and Tigger too !!

John Lach
07-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Hi Rich,
I actually live within a couple of miles of the sawmill. I have been meaning to get over there but been too busy at home as of late. I want to check on their supply and cost of cherry as I am planning on rebuilding a built in china cabinet in our dining room.

Already ripped out all the painted door, chair rail and base molding and have replaced the door and chair rail with oak. I milled the chair rail with a bead detail which came out quite well. Its the first time I had tried to make a moulding, so it was pretty cool.

Let em know what you think of the mill.

John

Rich Konopka
07-13-2004, 12:52 PM
Hi Rich,
I actually live within a couple of miles of the sawmill. I have been meaning to get over there but been too busy at home as of late. I want to check on their supply and cost of cherry as I am planning on rebuilding a built in china cabinet in our dining room.

Already ripped out all the painted door, chair rail and base molding and have replaced the door and chair rail with oak. I milled the chair rail with a bead detail which came out quite well. Its the first time I had tried to make a moulding, so it was pretty cool.

Let em know what you think of the mill.

John
John:

I was not that overly impressed on Don Moore's pricing since there is no middleman. He gave me a price list with Cherry at 7.50 bd ft. However, he told me in person it was around 5.00. All of his hardwoods are kiln dried by him self. He said that he was updating his web site and to stay tuned.
http://www.mooressawmill.com/main.html His price on oak and pine were not all the great.

His prices are fair but comparable to Connectciut Hardwood in Enfield.
http://www.cwghardwoodoutlet.com/index.html

Hope this helps!!

John Lach
07-13-2004, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the info and the links, Rich

John

Dale Thompson
07-13-2004, 2:02 PM
Hi John,
Thanks for the pictures. I really LIKE the grain contrast on your bench and table. The "peg" idea is neat also! :)

The "guy" on the left looks somewhat familiar. I think that I took an IQ test against him some years back. The results were NOT pleasant - for ME, that is! ;) :confused:

Show us more! A few folks on this forum are "alphabet challenged" and need pictures to extend their attention span. Being the nice guy that I am, their names will not be revealed!? ;) :) :)

John, again, WELCOME ABOARD the SMC Forum!! :)

Dale T.

Jason Tuinstra
07-13-2004, 2:46 PM
John, nice to meet you. Your granddauther's projects look great. I especially like the table and chairs. She keeps some prestigious company I see. Tigger was always my favorite as well. Would your maple selection on the breadboard ends have anything to do with the company that she keeps? :D Welcome aboard!

Nathan Hoffman
07-13-2004, 3:00 PM
Welcome to the Creek! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Its especially nice to have anther Connectican... err Connecticonian.... uhh Connecticite... umm, well... someone from Connecticut. Yeah, there we go.