PDA

View Full Version : Ara

Mike Saggers
02-26-2009, 8:30 AM
Anything new out this year?:D

Dan Hintz
02-26-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm awaiting news of the new ULS driver with the photograph option :)

Jack Harper
02-26-2009, 10:32 AM
I've been looking for information on the new Cermark colors but can't find anything. Ferro was supposed to put out a press release yesterday but I can't find that. Not even a mention on their own website.

Zac Altman
02-26-2009, 3:41 PM
Anything new out this year?:D

New Epilog Zing, the Zing 24:

Mike Saggers
02-26-2009, 5:14 PM
New Epilog Zing, the Zing 24:

Is it the same as the zing 16?

What motors does the machine run on?

Zac Altman
02-27-2009, 2:40 PM
Is it the same as the zing 16?

What motors does the machine run on?

Runs on stepper motors, so does the 16.

What is different:
- Radiance Optics (better beam quality, i think the helix has this as well)
- Larger Bed Size/z-axis (24" x 12+" x 7.5")
- Higher Wattage options (up to 60 Watts)
- Laser Head Parking (move the laser head off the bed space)
- Drop Down Door (from door drops down so larger objects can be engraved)
- Option for Rotary

Tom Gooch
02-27-2009, 8:55 PM
There were two new cermark colors unveiled at the show. A "pearl" for use on dark metals and a "metallic bronze". I only saw the bronze, and it was good, but not jump-up-and-down-outstanding. At least there are two more colors. perhaps the bronze just wasn't on the best substrate to show it off. I"ll be ordering both to give them a try and have in the arsenal.

Jack Harper
02-27-2009, 9:40 PM
There were two new cermark colors unveiled at the show. A "pearl" for use on dark metals and a "metallic bronze". I only saw the bronze, and it was good, but not jump-up-and-down-outstanding. At least there are two more colors. perhaps the bronze just wasn't on the best substrate to show it off. I"ll be ordering both to give them a try and have in the arsenal.

I spoke with an engineer at Ferro regarding the new Cermark colors. He said they were still under development despite there pending availability. He noted that they have had mixed results with the new colors, especially on metals other than 304 stainless steel. He also noted that the colors do not bond as well and as such are not as durable as the black and take more heat to bond. Availability may be limited as they had none to sell because they took all they had to ARA. If you order, you will have to order directly from Ferro for now. I suspect, or at least hope, the product will improve as they finish their R&D