PDA

View Full Version : Purchased with confidence thanks to SMC

Jeff Wille
02-25-2009, 7:21 PM
Hey all, this is my first post. I have been browsing for about a month now trying to get recommendations for a set of rail/stile/panel/edge router bits.
Not only was I looking for posts about these type of bits, but also retailers of the chosen brand. Here's the result of my SMC research...

- Purchased from Holbren [.com]
- SMC10 Discount :)
- Whiteside 6003 Rail and Stile Set
- Whiteside 5920C 3 1/4" Panel Bit with Backcutter
- Whiteside 6020 Door Edge Bit

I think it was an amazing deal! The bits are massive and should last me forever.

Thank you SMC - and the posts which led me to Whiteside - then to Holbren!

--Jeff Wille
www.jeffwille.com

Bruce Page
02-25-2009, 7:32 PM
Hey Jeff, we excel at helping to spend other people’s money! :D

Welcome to SMC

BTW, you could take 6 bucks from what you saved in the deal and become an SMC Contributor! As a Contributor, you will have full access to all the forums and giveaways! :)

Jack Dickey
02-25-2009, 8:11 PM
Some talent there jeff , trains are awesome

Rob Russell
02-25-2009, 8:58 PM
Jeff,

Congrats on your purchase. I will echo the comment about becoming a Contributor for $6. You probably saved more than that by reading the posts. It's totally your decision.

No matter what your decision is about contributing funds, please contribute your expertise

Rob
SMC Moderator

Jeff Wille
02-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Notice my new "Contributer" status :D
You were both correct. I definitely saved enough to justify my donation to SMC. I also took the liberty of adding a link to SMC at my website, as well as a link to Holbren next to my other favorites!

I look forward to learning a lot more from the forum as well as giving any advice I can.

I am only 23, but I've worked in a cabinet shop for about 4 years during high school and am now an engineer at a high-tech company. I can finally focus on woodworking as a hobby - NOT a job.

--Jeff Wille
www.jeffwille.com

Bruce Page
02-25-2009, 10:38 PM
Way cool Jeff!
Love the Trains!