PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Wet Grinder T10010

Burt Alcantara
02-25-2009, 5:21 PM
Just got this today and set it up. I also bought the Tormek TNT kit. However, the profile honing wheels don't fit on the strop side. They do seem to fit on the wheel side.

If you have this combination, is this how you mounted it? I'm a little concerned about the honing wheels being near water.

Thanks,
Burt

John Shuk
02-25-2009, 8:22 PM
Do the Tormek jigs seem to work well with this grinder.

Burt Alcantara
02-26-2009, 9:51 AM
I'm returning the grinder. Initially, I thought this was a good way to save money. However, there are enough problems that the value is reduced considerably.

It does not accommodate the profile honing wheels, I need over $150 in equipment that is standard with the Tormek, the honing wheel is defective, the grinding wheel keeps slipping, the universal bar does not fit very well and the grinding wheel is out of round.

The money I'll end up saving will be too small to make this a worthwhile investment.
Burt

Gordon Seto
02-26-2009, 11:14 AM
The money I'll end up saving will be too small to make this a worthwhile investment.

You haven't even touch on the perceived resale value yet.

Bernie Weishapl
02-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Burt I went thru the same thing. You don't save any money at all. I just finally bit the bullet and bought the Tormek with both the woodturning and hand jigs.

Burt Alcantara
02-26-2009, 1:09 PM
Godon,
I can return it to Grizzly less shipping and 10% restocking. That makes it worthwhile to me especially finding out the cost to get the Grizzly near to the specs of the Tormek.

Burt

John Shuk
02-26-2009, 8:29 PM
That's a bummer. I've been kind of interested in this grinder for awhile and really wanted to give some of my business to Grizzly. I was hoping to hear good reviews of this machine.