PDA

View Full Version : Paralok 2 Fence instruction

Mike Mandio
02-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know where I can get ahold of the instructions for a Paralok 2 tablesaw fence?

george wilson
02-25-2009, 12:21 PM
We have a Paralok (sp?) fenceon our saw at the toolmaker's shop in Williamsburg. I am retired. It is the best fence made in my opinion.

What is your specific question? I don't have a manual for it,but before I retired,we adapted it to go from a Delta unisaw to a Saw Stop. Had to buy new cable,as the Saw Stop was a larger saw.

Mike Mandio
02-25-2009, 5:17 PM
I took it off of a saw that I sold a few years ago. I'm going to replace an Incra TS-LS that I have on my current saw (space to the right of the saw is an issue) and I cannot locate the instructions that I though I had kept with the fence when I took it off. I don't have any specific questions at this time. I just want to be prepared when I make the switch. The original instructions were only 2 or 3 typed pages.

Jamie Buxton
02-25-2009, 7:59 PM
The original instructions were only 2 or 3 typed pages.

Well, no, they're ten pages.

Mike Mandio
02-26-2009, 10:45 AM
It's been a while. Do you know where I can get a copy?

Chip Lindley
02-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Wish I could help more, Mike! I have the packet of advertising info sent to me in the 80s from Paralok. I always wanted one of those!! They are *dead-accurate* fences when properly adjusted. My info shows an artist's drawing of how the fence works with all moving parts--but no instructions per se'.

Brian Backner
02-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Chip,

Can you scan and post that artist's drawing? There was an article in a very old issue (~ #15) of Woodwork magazine that showed how to convert one of the old Delta tube fences into a Paralok-like wannabe using stainless steel cable, pulleys, etc. I have an old Excalibur fence that I always thought would be a good starting point for this conversion.

Mike,

I spent a little time trying some alternative search engines but could not find a Paralok manual online. I'd be willing to bet that it is out there, though. I was looking for a manual for a universal milling machine built in the 1930's - after three months I found a pdf scan of it in the files section of a chatlist website for machinists - located in Jakarta, Indonesia! It was even in English! So don't give up, it's out there somewhere!

Brian

Jamie Buxton
02-26-2009, 9:05 PM
Okay, I've posted the Paralock II manual, as best I can figure out. I took photos of all ten pages, and put the images on line. Go to http://www.jamiebuxton.com/paralock/paralock.html to see them.

Mike Mandio
02-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Okay, I've posted the Paralock II manual, as best I can figure out. I took photos of all ten pages, and put the images on line. Go to http://www.jamiebuxton.com/paralock/paralock.html to see them.

Thanks Jamie, that's exactly what I was looking for.