PDA

View Full Version : new to forums just wanted to say hi and see what this was all about

Devon Jones
02-25-2009, 10:34 AM
well i just started to work for my brother inlaw and he has an epilog legend EXT 120watt machine. he has someone playing with it but they were not able to do anything. i have some expirence in photoshop and corel so he is paying me to play with the machine and see what it is capable of. i have done some things nothing to impressive like my belt, a coffee cup, picture frame, a picture of someone on wood, i have vector cut some cool things. i just want to know what else there is to do or get pointed in the direction of some stuff i can do, maybe even have people show off some of the things they have done so i can get a good idea of what this machine is capable of.........................

Mike Null
02-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Devon

Welcome to SMC.

Almost everything you want to see has been posted at one time or another. Just go back through the threads and look for those with the paper clip icon. They will have pictures or Corel files you can check out.

If there is a particular topic that interests you try the search function.

Jacob Hebert
02-25-2009, 1:01 PM
Welcome to the Creek! :D

Glinda Fabok
02-25-2009, 1:25 PM
Hey, Devon, I'm also new to the business. I'm actually having a hard time starting up with computer issues. I have a ZX series Explorer 40 watt and have had some fun with granite tile but have been somewhat hampered lately. Glinda

Larry Bratton
02-25-2009, 7:31 PM
well i just started to work for my brother inlaw and he has an epilog legend EXT 120watt machine. he has someone playing with it but they were not able to do anything. i have some expirence in photoshop and corel so he is paying me to play with the machine and see what it is capable of. i have done some things nothing to impressive like my belt, a coffee cup, picture frame, a picture of someone on wood, i have vector cut some cool things. i just want to know what else there is to do or get pointed in the direction of some stuff i can do, maybe even have people show off some of the things they have done so i can get a good idea of what this machine is capable of.........................
Devon:
Welcome..I also have an EXT but mine is only 40 watts. I'd give my eye teeth for that 120. You have HUGE capability with that machine. Just do your homework and you'll soon see what you can do with that bad boy!

Dee Gallo
02-25-2009, 7:40 PM
Welcome to the Creek, Devon!

Why does your brother in law have a laser? What did he plan to use it for? Sounds like a fun job, playing with a 120w!

Hope you find some good ideas here, there are lots to choose from.

cheers, dee

Carrol Fleming
02-26-2009, 1:38 AM
When I first joined the Creek I used the search feature for anything I could think of. I found this very useful post by Rodne Gold. I saved it in a word document and refer back every now and again. Thanks Rodne.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=22369&highlight=Tips+ideas+lasers

Carrol

Devon Jones
02-26-2009, 10:22 AM
my brother in law is a wood and sheet metal guy. we had jobs that were asking for engraving so he just bought the best one on the market because it was costing to much to outsource it. we also have a huge like 15ft. long cnc machine that i want to start playing with after i get better with this thing. thanks for the links and help everyone so far this site is helping me a lot

Scott Erwin
02-26-2009, 4:05 PM
Hey neighbor.. Welcome to the Creek :) ...if you get tired of getting paid to play...let me know...I will be glad to come up and play...

120watt...darn must be tough.....
then a 15' CNC maching....too bad....

My heart is bleeding for your pain....

John W. Love
02-26-2009, 8:09 PM
Welcome to the Creek Devon, I know you will find tons of help here just by reading through the threads. And of course, if there is something specific that you need to know and can't seem to find the answer then just ask and you will either get pointed in the right direction or answered outright, and most likely both.

Devon Jones
02-27-2009, 12:03 PM
so far everyone has been very helpful and i have learned a lot and that was just in one day i look forward to reading and finding out more