PDA

View Full Version : Roland Rotary Problems

matt heinzel
02-25-2009, 8:47 AM
Ok so we have had this Roland EGX 400 for years. It basically collects dust in the corner, but about once a year my boss asks me to fire it up and try to work out some ADA signage. Well last year we fired it up and it didn't work, I tried all kinds of things. After a week with Rolands horrible tech support they told me to send it CA. So before I boxed it up I tried to switch the parallel cable once more, and even though I had done it before this time it started working! Well now we zoom forward to this year, I fired it up again and it is doing the same thing. The machine will spin go down for a second make some noises and then go up. Then it will not do anything until I reset it. I tried switching cables, 4 different ones including a new expensive one, I even tried a different computer. Nothing works, and I know that if I call they will have us send it in which costs like $600 just to get it there. Anyone have any ideas? I have a little video of what it actually does if anyone wants to see it.

Mark Singer
02-25-2009, 9:09 AM
I wonder if the power coming in has changed in level. The European machines are very sensitive to voltage. My mini max would not run without a buck boost transformer to bring the voltage down about 10 volts

matt heinzel
02-25-2009, 10:39 AM
hmmmm I wonder. I wish their tech support was a bit better.

matt heinzel
02-26-2009, 11:52 AM
Well it turns out that is was something too simple. The origin for xy was not correct! It's working now!