PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Mini/Corel Weird Print Problem after Importing DXF files into Corel

Charles Rudisill
02-24-2009, 8:46 PM
Hello All, Has anyone experienced the following problem: After importing a DXF file into Corel, then sending it to the laser, it overprints each individual vector line 21 times. There is only one set of data in the corel file (as shown in the object manager), and I've been able to "fix" it periodically by saving, copying etc elements in the file, but this does not work consistently; some files simply will not stop showing this issue. The pattern is correct, looks fine in corel, and the printer is set to 1 copy. Thanks for any ideas.

Charles Rudisill
02-24-2009, 9:27 PM
Well, I was reading through the forums, and have tried the "reduce nodes", works sometimes but not consistently, also tried changing the line font to minimum before exporting (I'm using Unigraphics) --no effect. Looks like this is a known problem with Corel X3 (the cause of this baffles me completely--after years of working with cad programs). I wouldn't import them at all, but printing them from corel keeps the pattern located properly and is the most convenient to print. Sounds like this is a problem with corel and not the laser, since both epilog and uls users experience it--a pretty annoying problem for using corel and the laser. Thanks again, Charles

Richard Rumancik
02-24-2009, 9:37 PM
Well, it seems like Scott Challoner has seen it - in another recent thread he said:

"You can import dxf files into CorelDraw. Your customer can save the AutoCAD file as a dxf. Before they do it, they should select everything and convert it to a line width of 0 pts. Otherwise, every vector cuts 21 times. Your customer may also be able to print it to a pdf which you can import into Corel. Since it was created in a vector program, it remains vector after it's imported. If it's saved as a pdf, you don't have to do the conversion to 0 width lines. . . "

So you are not alone.

Scott Challoner
02-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Thanks Richard. Now I don't have to type all of that again.:D
Charles
My experience is with AutoCAD and changing the line width to 0 works. If that doesn't work, either export or print it to pdf and import into Corel. I use pdfcreator from sourceforge.net. It's free. I think there are many more.

Charles Rudisill
02-25-2009, 2:31 AM
Gentlemen, thanks for the response. I'm working on a work-around also. I've tried exporting the DXF from Unigraphics with "thin" lines. The other odd thing is that this doesn't occur with curves and arcs, just lines. This a really odd problem, it seems that they could fix it easily. Thanks again for the input, Charles

Mike Null
02-25-2009, 7:01 AM
There's a tool in Corel called find and replace which will probably solve your problem.

This thread doesn't give adequate info but might shed some light on it.

http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=84549&highlight=corel+replace

Derek Kern
02-26-2009, 7:07 PM
I have noticed that when importing .dxf files into Corel sometimes breaks up what you thought were continuous lines into many smaller line segments. To fix this use the 'pedit' command or go to Modiy- Object- Polyline and join all of the line segments together and you will have better luck when it gets into CorelDraw.