PDA

View Full Version : Looking for tools

Charles McKinley
07-12-2004, 2:45 PM
Hi All,

Can any one recommend a store that has old wood tools in the Western PA / Eastern Ohio area? A friend on mine is looking for a slick and timber framing tools in particular.

Thanks,

Chuck

Greg Heppeard
07-12-2004, 3:20 PM
Woodcraft still has those available...you can check them out on their website.

Charles McKinley
07-12-2004, 10:54 PM
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to find a rust dealer. I realy like Woodcraft. I wish there was one out side of Allegheny county. I didn't mind the extra 1% tax when it funded the libraries and museums but it really iratates me that it is being sucked up the the multi-million dollar cry babies AKA the Stillers and the Pi Rats! :mad:

I try to make it down there at least every other month.

Walt Quadrato
07-14-2004, 12:51 PM
Charles,
don't know if this is close..my geography of PA is shoddy, but I do know if it's rust you want..this is the place in PA. Tony is a galoot in high standing..and a pleasure to deal with.
Olde River Hard Goods
350 West Catawissa Street
Nesquehoning PA 18240
570-669-9421
http://www.oldetoolshop.com
'course if you're in Connecticut....shamless self promotion.here :D
Brass City Toolworks

www.oldplane.com
look uinder chisels..I have a few large slicks

thanks

walt q

Charles McKinley
07-18-2004, 2:31 AM
Hi Walt,

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately that is NE PA. :(
I'll look up the address for my next trip out that way.

I'll send my friend the links.

I just checked the links, verry cool.

Thanks again

Tom Stovell
07-19-2004, 9:39 PM
http://www.lehmans.com/jump.jsp?itemID=56&itemType=PRODUCT&path=1%2C2%2C677%2C836%2C847

I hope this link gets you to Lehman's Hardware Store in Kidrow, Ohio. This is in the Amish area of the State and caters to those still unplugged. Hope it helps.

Tom

Matt Meiser
07-19-2004, 9:54 PM
I'd recommend a trip to Lehman's even if they don't have what you want. There are also tons of amish furniture stores in the area. We went earlier this year just to look for ideas.

Charles McKinley
07-20-2004, 4:06 PM
Thanks Tom,

I hadn't thought of them. I really want to go there. Lehmans is mentioned on the Mother Earth News Forum all the time.

Thanks