PDA

View Full Version : Corel Help

Don Necaise
02-23-2009, 11:08 PM
I am trying to do a 50th anniversary cake top for my parents , I am trying to make it wider than just using the true type fonts, My question is ther any way to make the true type font wider? Thanks for any help

John Noell
02-23-2009, 11:32 PM
If you right-click on the text and choose "convert to curves", then change line width wil that do what you want?

George Brown
02-24-2009, 12:43 AM
I am trying to do a 50th anniversary cake top for my parents , I am trying to make it wider than just using the true type fonts, My question is ther any way to make the true type font wider? Thanks for any help
Do you mean keeping the point size the same, just making the font wider, ie. stretched out? If that is the case, click on it, grab the middle handle on the right side, and drag it to make it wider, but keeping the fonts size the same. Does this get you what you need?

Don Necaise
02-24-2009, 6:13 PM
Yes I am trying to get it wider. Thanks

Steve Clarkson
02-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Have you tried the contour tool?

John Noell
02-24-2009, 10:19 PM
If you wish to preserve the character proportions (height to width), you can increase the space between the letters (kerning), by going to Paragraph Formatting (even though this is not really paragraph formatting) and changing Character spacing. This widens your text block. If you want to distort the characters and make them wider but no taller, just do as George has suggested.