PDA

View Full Version : Wooden wonders in Ottawa

Phil Green
02-23-2009, 9:22 PM
I had the pleasure of visiting Ottawa last weekend during it's Winterlude. What a great city, the kids and wife had a great time skating on the Rideau Canal.

The reason I'm posting it our visit to Parliament. The woodworking in there was just terrific. The last two are from the Hotel Laurier. While I'm not a huge fan of Gothic inspired architecture, I sure loved the wood!

I've enclosed some snaps for your review.

Phil Green
02-23-2009, 9:25 PM
Here are a few more. The first three are of their governmental library and the last is the entryway over their House of Commons.

Tom Godley
02-24-2009, 10:13 AM
I love Ottawa in the winter! - And I agree with you on the interior of the government buildings.

Very nice town!

Phil Green
02-24-2009, 5:48 PM
BTW, while driving in to the city I happened to notice a Lee Valley store. I yelled to my wife that we needed to get gas and pulled off! After getting gas, I innocently commented that we should stop into the store. The place was incredible! Seemed like they had a manufacturing facility right next to the store. Is Lee Valley based out of Ottawa??

Phil

Bernie Wynia
02-25-2009, 7:19 AM
Yes, Lee Valley is founded and based in Ottawa, and those are there manufacturing facilities. I work a few doors down. Very dangerous. It's amazing I have any money left at all.

Art Mulder
02-25-2009, 1:04 PM
BTW, while driving in to the city I happened to notice a Lee Valley store. I yelled to my wife that we needed to get gas and pulled off! After getting gas, I innocently commented that we should stop into the store. The place was incredible! Seemed like they had a manufacturing facility right next to the store. Is Lee Valley based out of Ottawa??

Phil

Phil, phil, phil... you should have called ahead and arranged a tour.

I had the honour of touring the Lee Valley HQ + Factory (Yes, in Ottawa) a few years back and it was awesome!

Phil Green
02-25-2009, 3:37 PM
Art,

Too funny!

Now I have a built in reason for going back to visit in the summer!

Phil