PDA

View Full Version : Can't upload graphics?

Dave Johnson29
02-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi All,

I am trying to attach two small JPG (69K and 20K) but it is not uploading them.

Any thoughts?

Have I been a bad boy and had my upload privileges revoked?? :eek: :D:D

Scott Erwin
02-23-2009, 2:16 PM
Turn off your engraver and go sit in the corner for 15 minutes. Then come back out and make nice.....

If there is something you want posted, send it to me and I will up them for you...

Dave Johnson29
02-23-2009, 4:40 PM
If there is something you want posted, send it to me and I will up them for you...

Thanks Scott,

I have it figured out now. Because I have already uploaded the file in another thread 6 weeks back, it will not let me upload it again.

Duh! That's dumb.

Frank Corker
02-23-2009, 4:46 PM
Dave, use the attachment clip (looks like a little paperclip) don't use the one with the mountain with the sun behind it.

Dave Johnson29
02-23-2009, 5:03 PM
use the attachment clip (looks like a little paperclip) don't use the one with the mountain with the sun behind it.

Thanks Frank but it does the same thing. I even changed the name of the pic and it referred me back to an old posting and would not attach it.

I will re-sample it for a different size I guess.

Either that or I will try to use a link to the existing one.

This is one of the pics so will see what happens...
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=98801&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1224259370

{edit}
Well that links to it but it is not a simple solution.
{/edit}

Frank Corker
02-23-2009, 6:46 PM
Well it seems to be working without issues here for me. Have you got a 'pop up blocker' running, it might be stopping the java window from opening.

Mike Null
02-23-2009, 8:23 PM
Why don't you just use the link to the first post?

Dave Johnson29
02-24-2009, 10:09 AM
Why don't you just use the link to the first post?

I did, see above post #5 and that's how it looks which is pretty clunky. I would have had a list of links rather than pics. Makes it difficult for anyone to look at if they have to click through all the links to see each pic.

I solved it by re-sampling the pics by one pixel and saving with a new name.

See...
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=105391

Much easier to look at and understand. Looks like vBulletin is not quite there yet. ;)

Bill Cunningham
02-26-2009, 8:29 PM
What I have done on occasion is to look up the attachment in the User CP section, bring up the thread it's in, then cut and paste the block with the thumbnail and link into your new thread.. I Didn't know about the paperclip thingy either.. Thanks Frank!