PDA

View Full Version : Bottle Stoppers

Bill Bulloch
02-23-2009, 8:54 AM
I can't seem to make enough of these Bottle Stoppers. My friends and relatives scarf them up as fast as I can make them -- the pens too. I guess if I am to keep making them I am going to have to ask them to pay (at least) the $4.00 for the cone. Do you think that will be tacky

Jeff Mohr
02-23-2009, 9:02 AM
Nice looking! I keep thinking I'll try those one of these days.

$4 is a steal...you want to sell some finished ones to me for that! ;)

Rob Young
02-23-2009, 9:35 AM
I can't seem to make enough of these Bottle Stoppers. My friends and relatives scarf them up as fast as I can make them -- the pens too. I guess if I am to keep making them I am going to have to ask them to pay (at least) the $4.00 for the cone. Do you think that will be tacky

If you are gifting them, then yes, tacky. But if they are ASKING you for them and then in turn they gift them, your "friends" are being tacky and should be paying you something!

Paul Douglass
02-23-2009, 11:15 AM
Nice stoppers. As for the tacky, if they ask for them, than ya, I'd say, buy me the material and I will make you as many as you want. Material includes the wood. I make lots of thing for my brother, because he is always going to yard sells and bringing me things he thinks I need to make something out of.. His wife brought me a set of elk antlers once. She got them for $.50. Ya, she got a nice pen.

Mark Patoka
02-23-2009, 11:46 AM
I consider the first one I give you as a gift. If you like it that much and start asking for more than at minimum you either provide the materials or cover my material costs and my labor is still a gift to you. Sounds like your generosity is being taken advantage of for their gain and it's not tacky at all to ask for your costs to be covered.

ROY DICK
02-23-2009, 12:20 PM
1st one a gift. If they inquire about more $20.00 minimum.

Roy

Don Carter
02-23-2009, 12:26 PM
Bill:
I have given many to friends and relatives, but I use the silicon stoppers for the give aways. I now make stoppers with golf ball markers (for college, universities) embedded in the end of the stoppers. I don't give anything away anymore that cost me money unless it is an unsolicited gift. In fact, if they are in demand, $4 is very cheap. I sell mine for $15-$20 and up depending on what wood, what stopper and what embellishments.

All the best.

Don

Kirk Miller
02-23-2009, 1:18 PM
If they are asking for them make them pay. I have firends that have asked for toppers, I just tell them. I have to pay for my supplies, and I am taking up my free time. Nobody has complained about paying $20.00 for a topper. I send them out to the internet to see what everyone else is charging. Most people are happy to pay $20.00.

Kirk