PDA

View Full Version : Another Box from "WOOD"

Doug Jones
07-11-2004, 8:48 PM
I just finished up this box, got the plans from the latest issue of "WOOD" mag. Made from spalted hackberry and walnut trim, light color stain and wipe on poly.

Dick Parr
07-11-2004, 9:02 PM
Very Nice Doug.

Jim Becker
07-11-2004, 9:55 PM
Very nice execution of this latest box design from WOOD Magazine, Doug. I was really happy to see this project when I got my pre-release copy of the September magazine knowing that so many folks enjoy making box projects. You really did a nice job and the contrast between species is great!

Jeff Skory
07-11-2004, 9:58 PM
Doug,

Very nice. I love the color and pattern combinations. This is yet another example of someone building something from a Wood magazine plan where I had read the article and looked at the pictures and not been impressed. Yet when I see an example done up with different wood, all of a sudden it looks very elegant and makes me want to give it a try.

Nice job.

John Olson
07-11-2004, 10:09 PM
I love to build boxes and love to see other peoples boxes. I will have to try that box. Some one might like getting it for Christmas. Good job love your way of interpeting it.

Jim Ketron
07-12-2004, 12:13 AM
That spalted wood looks awesome!
Great Job!
Jim

Michael Ballent
07-12-2004, 1:04 AM
Very nicely done :) Keep them coming along, us poor slobs that never have time to get out to the shop need some more insperation. :D

Kurt Aebi
07-12-2004, 7:22 AM
Doug,

Great Job! Thanks for sharing.

Did you make it so the box part pulls off to expose a "hidden" tray! I'd like to see pictures of it "in pieces" so to speak. Great choice of wood - the contrast looks beautiful.

Aaron Heck
07-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Doug,

Very nice. I love the color and pattern combinations. This is yet another example of someone building something from a Wood magazine plan where I had read the article and looked at the pictures and not been impressed. Yet when I see an example done up with different wood, all of a sudden it looks very elegant and makes me want to give it a try.

Nice job.

You didn't like the curly maple, walnut and cherry? :confused: :confused: :confused:

WOW

Dave Walker
07-12-2004, 12:47 PM
The box looks great. Love the wood you used. I think I'll have to give some of those boxes a try.

Doug Jones
07-12-2004, 7:22 PM
Doug,

Great Job! Thanks for sharing.

Did you make it so the box part pulls off to expose a "hidden" tray! I'd like to see pictures of it "in pieces" so to speak. Great choice of wood - the contrast looks beautiful.
Thanks for all the good words.