PDA

View Full Version : T-Slots rails

Bill Sticht
02-22-2009, 8:05 PM
I am planning on building a router table with t-rails. is the one from woodcraft with recesses for screws better suited than say one from rockler or other mfg.s bill sticht

Bill Huber
02-22-2009, 9:08 PM
Not sure which track you are talking about, I use track from Rockler and it has counter sunk screw holes.

Will you be using them for the fence to table or the fence for stops and the like.

glenn bradley
02-22-2009, 9:14 PM
Rockler's blue t-track is geared for 5/16" hardware. This is what I use on my RT fence, stops and featherboards along with most of my jigs. A router fence takes the strain of material moving while held up against it. I also run tall fences for doing panel work on edge. I would not feel confident with 1/4" hardware holding my RT fence in that situation.

I do have some t-track (like Incra track) that is sized for 1/4" hardware on my DP table and my small TS bevel sled. The 1/4" stuff always seems to feel flimsy like it wouldn't be up to the task but I have never had any trouble with it so I guess it is just a preference thing. I would have preferred all my T-track to be of one type so that everything is interchangeable but, the DP table was store-bought and the bevel sled was made out of leftovers.