PDA

View Full Version : Cabin fever question, favorite Faulty Towers episode?

Mitchell Andrus
02-21-2009, 8:37 PM
I've had the box set for quite a while. I thought I'd dig it out for another look.

So, which is your favorite episode?

Mine... Dead guest with the Kipper in his night shirt.

Chris Padilla
02-21-2009, 9:01 PM
Isn't it "Fawlty Towers"? :)

Judy Kingery
02-21-2009, 9:32 PM
Mitchell, when I read your title my first thought was of the dead guy and kipper, too funny! Ever watch "Waiting for God?" That's my all-time favorite BBC series along with Flying Circus. Thanks for the chuckle, Jude

Mitchell Andrus
02-22-2009, 10:16 AM
HA!!! Right.

Michael Weber
02-22-2009, 11:06 AM
When they try to get rid of the mouse before an inspection. As far as best BBC comedy, gotta be "Last of the Summer Wine", at least before Compo died.

Clifford Mescher
02-22-2009, 2:38 PM
When they try to get rid of the mouse before an inspection. As far as best BBC comedy, gotta be "Last of the Summer Wine", at least before Compo died.
Haven't seen that series yet. A search says they have been in production since early 70's, pushing 300 shows? My favorite, so far, is Keeping up appearances". Clifford

Mike Circo
02-25-2009, 9:00 AM
Fawlty Towers... I thought I was the only one who loved that show.

#1 Favorite is the one where he is having the "Gourmet Night". The Chef has a gay crush on Manuel. Manuel rejects him, chef gets drunk and pukes on the dinner. Basil goes to a friends place to pickup replacement dinner and his car dies on the way back. The funniest scene is the car stalling and Cleese yelling and threatening the car. Then going off camera for a good 10 seconds and returning with a huge tree branch and start beating the car with it.

John Cleese was so frantic in that show that I got exhausted just watching it.