PDA

View Full Version : Thanks All!! (Closure Explanation)

Ryan Cathey
02-21-2009, 6:39 PM
Hey everyone,

Thanks for "it". We're within 9 now and I think (hopefully) we can take it from here. We wouldn't have gotten this far without your help that's for sure. I'll be sure everyone knows that :D. Hope I didn't break any rules here.

-Ryan C.

Belinda Barfield
02-21-2009, 7:11 PM
Good luck Ryan, and we're all still rooting for you. Feel free to PM me with the pics after the big night!

Ted Calver
02-21-2009, 7:18 PM
Happy we could help!! We are family after all :)

Matt Campbell
02-21-2009, 7:55 PM
You are now 1 ahead!

Tim Morton
02-21-2009, 8:13 PM
I missed all the fun...where can i vote?

Chris Padilla
02-21-2009, 8:53 PM
We’ve been asked to explain why the “Prom Post” was removed. This was a tough decision because all of us would like to help students out. We respect Ryan's creativity in trying to help his class out.

There are a number of reasons that the Mods felt this was inappropriate for SawMill Creek. While we believe it was fun, and certainly was a good cause, the promotion itself is a marketing strategy by the prom company. Because of this, the Mods felt it was not in the best interest of SawMill Creek. We must remember this promotion went out to 10’s of 1,000’s of high schools around the country. We also realize that a vote for one high school is also a vote against another. There are other members who have high schools in the program. If we allow this one, we may be opening ourselves to many more. We simply don’t know how many other high schools we have represented in our membership. The mods also felt that encouraging youngsters to vote as many times as possible was sending the wrong message of how voting should take place. We understand how it would be in the company’s best interest to have the traffic generated, but simply having folks sit at their computer and vote multiple times, or getting another group to do it for you, seems to undermine the reason for voting in the first place. Finally, we know there are many ways that a high school group can raise funds. We feel that Ryan’s community can, given the will to do so, find a way to have a prom.

We know this may not be a popular decision with all members. And, yes, we may have let similar threads go on in the past without the same scrutiny. We felt it best, in this case, to close the thread. We wish Ryan good luck with his prom and we thank the members for their understanding.

The Mods.