PDA

View Full Version : Dan Hintz, Trouble!!

Dave Johnson29
02-21-2009, 6:39 PM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost.php?p=1055829&postcount=12

I haven't done a controlled run of settings yet, but 250dpi seems to work quite well, so I'll stick with it until I have some free time to try other settings.

Dan, If you lived closer I would walk across 2 miles of broken glass and a mile of burning walnut embers to kiss you full on the lips! :eek: :D

My ULS 1700 being so old it does not do grayscale automatically and I had pretty much given up on ever doing photographs as they were coming out abysmally.

Smmmoooooch.

The key, thanks to your comment, is to first Resample my pic to 254-DPI (my default) then crop, then Resample again to the X-Y size I need. Then Mode to B&W with Jarvis -- WoooooHooooooooooooooooo.

I am burning a 3" picture into some scrap walnut as I type and it is coming out fantastic. Next up is some black granite, marble, glass, tiles and, and, and, and Yeehaa!.

Thanks dude.

Dan Hintz
02-21-2009, 7:16 PM
Glad I could help, though a nice glass of Pinot Grigiot would be a suggested thank you :D

I had tried all of the methods listed here from years past, but nothing was coming up roses. All it took was my paying attention to the details and looking at the problem logically. When I realized the image was going in at one dpi and coming out at another, my graphics background screamed "NOT GOOD!".

Anthony Scira
02-21-2009, 8:02 PM
I want to see the walk across the broken glass and burning embers. The kiss I can do without seeing........

Dave Johnson29
02-22-2009, 10:11 AM
I want to see the walk across the broken glass and burning embers. The kiss I can do without seeing........

Sorry Anthony, it is a package deal, all or nothing. :D I guess that means "nothing" then. ;)

Dave Johnson29
02-22-2009, 10:14 AM
Glad I could help, though a nice glass of Pinot Grigiot would be a suggested thank you

Hi Dan,

Love to but I refuse to drink any wine with "Pinot" in the title. ;)