PDA

View Full Version : Asturo Eco HVLP

Tommy Smith
02-21-2009, 5:33 PM
Anyone useing the Asturo Eco or Asturo Eco/Sx? Im trying to decide between this or the Fuji 4 stage turbine unit. I will only be spraying occasionally as a hobbiest, mostly Target coatings. I allready have a 30 gal compressor that puts out 8.6 cfm @ 40psi which looks to plenty if I decide to go the Asturo route. Thanks for any input.

Rick Lucrezi
02-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Have you used the turbine system before? I just got one, havent used it yet, not sure how it works, and which gun to use. It came with 4 guns.

Larry Fox
02-23-2009, 7:16 AM
If you compressor can handle a conversion gun you have tons of options and I would not limit myself to either the Auturo or Turbine-based. While I have never used one, many people really like the Wagner gun which is priced very well. The Asturo Eco is a bit spendy for ocassional use and the performance differential might not be worth the extra cost. Another option is Walcom. You can sometimes pick them up on eBay for a decent price. 170304276374 being one example. I don't know your typical project size but if you don't need a pressure-pot based setup, these gravity guns might be just the ticket.