PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio area

Bobby McCarley
02-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Will be in the San Antonio, TX area around the middle of June with friends. Are there any good woodworking stores or lumber places around. The ladies will likley be shopping the downtown area, so us guys need something to keep us occupied.

Bobby
Louisiana

Jim O'Dell
02-21-2009, 12:57 PM
Bobby, Jointech is in San Antonio. If I had the time, I'd want to see if I could get a guided tour. You can go to their website at: http://jointech.com/ It has their 800 number to call about the tour!! :D (I don't know that they have tours, but I'd ask to see. It would be very interesting to see the manufacturing process of their products.) Jim.

Michael Roberts
02-22-2009, 8:46 AM
Alamo Hardwoods is downtown and has a nice showroom full of interesting woods. Their prices are high, but their selection unmatched. If you're looking to buy domestic hardwood (and a few exotics), find the local Bluelinx. Otto Dukes is a machinery dealer a couple blocks from Alamo Hardwoods -- might be worth a short visit. I don't think they have any a/c, so it'll be a bit warm in June. There's also Woodcraft franchise a few miles North of the airport that is my home away from home.