PDA

View Full Version : CorelDRAW question

David Sparks
02-20-2009, 8:11 PM
I'm trying to change the line weight in a scroll saw pattern. I have CorelDRAW 11 and have converted my bitmap pattern into what I assume is a vectorized pattern using CorelTRACE. I changed the line style to hairline and saved the new pattern, but the line is still the same size as it was originally when I print the pattern. What am I doing wrong? I will really appreciate any help with this.

Phyllis Rhodes
02-20-2009, 10:03 PM
why do you want the line heavier? so it will engrave instead of cut?

i have corel x13, so your screen is probably different from mine.

in the bottom right corner of my screen, there are two boxes that indicate what color fill and what color outline is used in the selected item.

there is a little bucket next to the fill and a pen nib next to the outline.

to the right of both little icons is either "none" if there is no fill or no outline. if there is fill or an outline, it will indicate the color of the fill and the size of the outline. and to the right of that, is a box that shows the actual color used in fill or outline.

i double click on the pen nib and it opens up a box called "outline pen" and i change the width there.

in looking for another place to change it, as i am sure there are several ways to do it, i noticed that when the item i want to change is selected, there is an icon at the top of my screen that has that same little pen nib and the line size after it. there is a drop down arrow to click on to select a different size.

this is from my corel help: You can change the appearance of both lines and outlines (javascript:hhctrl.TextPopup(Popup_wp1423071,%20'A rial,8',%2010,%2010,%20-1,%20-1);)by using the controls of the Outline pen dialog box, the Outline page of the Object properties docker, and the property bar. For example, you can specify the color, width, and style of lines and outlines.

so maybe you can look around for that and find where to change it.

good luck.

Steve Clarkson
02-21-2009, 12:09 AM
I'm trying to change the line weight in a scroll saw pattern. I have CorelDRAW 11 and have converted my bitmap pattern into what I assume is a vectorized pattern using CorelTRACE. I changed the line style to hairline and saved the new pattern, but the line is still the same size as it was originally when I print the pattern. What am I doing wrong? I will really appreciate any help with this.

David, if you can post the file, it will be easier for everyone to look at it and find a solution for you.

Margaret Turco
02-21-2009, 12:58 AM
David, I just tried tracing a clipart file and I had to remove the original image to leave just the hairline vector pattern. Also, if you are printing this out on paper, I think the program might assign some line width so it will print out.

Shaddy Dedmore
02-21-2009, 1:26 AM
could it be that the lines are actually "filled"? as in not a single line with a width, but a shape that is filled? select the line and see if you can change the fill color. Or set the line width to more, then the color of the line and see what's up.

(c:

Jim Good
02-21-2009, 2:03 AM
Does V11 have the centerline trace? If not, you may actually have a color-filled line. If you "unfill" it, you'll see an inside and an outside line representing your original line. Does that make sense!?!

I know v12 has centerline trace and so does the new X4 version.

You may have changed the inside or outside line to hairline but you can't tell because you still have the color fill.

Steve is right. Post the file and we can take a look.

Jim

David Sparks
02-21-2009, 9:22 AM
I've been trying to do some of the things you all suggested, but I'm not having any luck because I don't know what I'm doing. I can't even get the file the right size so I can post it. Thanks for your patience. I'll keep trying.

Steve Clarkson
02-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Trying compressing or zipping the file to make it small enough to post. If you don't know how to do that, let us know.

David Sparks
02-21-2009, 4:48 PM
I kind of figured out how to change my line weight to hairline, but my pattern is not good enough quality. I need to work on learning how to redo my patterns so I can get a good scan. Thanks for your help.

David