PDA

View Full Version : Got Worms?

Jim Glock
02-20-2009, 4:54 PM
I just mounted this big section of mesquite today and found this guy crawling out of a hole after a few minutes of spinning. Ugly guy..isn't he?! Another reason not to have your mouth open when turning! jg

Steve Schlumpf
02-20-2009, 5:08 PM
Yup - have had that happen more than a few times! Something about burls that seem to hold these little guys like a magnet - for a while! Couple of things to remember - always wear a faceshield and certain parts are edible!

Have fun! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of the mesquite!

charlie knighton
02-20-2009, 5:14 PM
wormy mesquite, great stuff

Dave Bureau
02-20-2009, 5:24 PM
WOW talk about dizzy

Mark Patoka
02-20-2009, 6:01 PM
That's why we wear faceshields. I don't care to be like a motorcycle rider picking bug guts outta my teeth.

Tony Greenway
02-20-2009, 6:17 PM
Jim, before you turn any more, try sprinkling that piece lightly with your favorite seasoning, and micro-wave on low for 5-7 minutes, just in case you have your mouth open for the next air born snack.:eek:.............Tony

Bernie Weishapl
02-20-2009, 6:40 PM
Ditto the mask. They make quite a splat when they hit.

Jim Glock
02-20-2009, 7:35 PM
Had a couple more of those nastys fly by me! :eek:
I bet they get a little dizzy! Pic was taken without a flash and low lighting........thus the motion.

Leo Van Der Loo
02-20-2009, 11:25 PM
I think you should feed them better, mnn jummy :eek:

Brian Effinger
02-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Ugghhhh....

This thread is gross. Imagine if you had cut into him. Yuck, bug guts.

Dewey Torres
02-21-2009, 2:17 AM
Now what would Bear Grylls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls) think about this thread?

Jeff Nicol
02-21-2009, 5:01 AM
Now what would Bear Grylls (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_Grylls) think about this thread?
Dewey, How can you even consider "Bear" as a true survival guy. He was caught in a lounge having a drink with his camera crew while he was supposed to be "SURVIVING" in a remote dangerous place! The true "Survivorman" Les stroud does it by himself and without the camera crew.

Sorry about the change in subject but I had to say it!! Bear is more of a BOOB to me!

Just venting!

Jeff

Nathan Hawkes
02-21-2009, 5:19 AM
My thoughts exactly. One of my favorite episode is the one in either the NWT or Yukon, where Les is in polar bear country, and spots new footprints when he wakes up in the morning, just a few yards away from the tent----I hope that rifle he had was cocked and loaded.....

alex carey
02-21-2009, 5:34 AM
Well hold on now fellas. Let's re examine the two shows. Yes Bear has a camera crew and yes he has a professional survivor from the region there with him feeding him lines and yes he was caught in drinking while he was supposed to be surviving.

It is true that Les is by himself. He walks and sets up his camera then walks back for the walk by and then walks back to get the camera and its true he is a real survivor and knows his stuff...BUT

You will never see Les jump into freezing water just to show you how to get out. You will never see Les get out of freezing water take off all his clothes and do jumping jacks and push ups. You will never see Les climb into a constantly shifting and freezing Ice Sheet crevice. You will never see Les show you how to get out of quick sand by jumping in. Les will never do half of the stuff Bear will do.

Obviously I agree that if I were stuck on an island I would want Les with me. But out of sheer being a BADA$$ Bear takes the cake. He does more hardcore things even if at the end of the day he sleeps in a bed and wakes up to coffee and a donut. Les won't do half of what Bear will.

Sorry to continue the hijack, had to do it.

Alex

Belinda Barfield
02-21-2009, 8:06 AM
EEEEEW! Just when I thought I had worked up the courage to start turning you had to go and post this! I'm staying away from anything wormy! I have a nice little stack of wood squirreled away and I'm saving my pennies. Now all I have to do is find some spare time, and add a faceshield to my list of necessities! :D

Wyatt Holm
02-21-2009, 6:07 PM
That is sick. I watched some of those videos of Bear, I think he is more of a show of than a survivalist. The one where he ate giant grubs, that is what is sick.

Jarrod McGehee
02-23-2009, 12:45 AM
Les will never do half of the stuff Bear will do.

Obviously I agree that if I were stuck on an island I would want Les with me. But out of sheer being a BADA$$ Bear takes the cake. He does more hardcore things even if at the end of the day he sleeps in a bed and wakes up to coffee and a donut. Les won't do half of what Bear will.

Alex

AND...... may I add, Les won't be caught drinking his own urine:o and doing all those crazy things like Bear. I mean both shows are pretty cool but Bear is the man!

Alex Shanku
02-23-2009, 8:21 AM
Les will just sit at his camp for 5 days complaining how hungry he is because his traps never work.