PDA

View Full Version : DC filter

John Bush
02-20-2009, 4:35 PM
Dan Shocke's earlier post piqued my brain about dust and filter cleaning. I have a Griz cyclone with the cannister type filter and was wondering if many of you fellow cannisterers remove the filter and blast out the pleats inside.. I have the newer cleaning brush installed and use it each time I empty the barrel, but I have been doing a lot of drum sanding lately and am thinking it may be a good idea to blast it out. The system seems to be working fine, but slacking performance could be creeping up on me without noticing any change. I've done it before when I overfilled the barrel, cyclone, dust bag, and DC room floor, and it is a chore but it quite obviously was needed. Any experience/suggestions?? Thanks, JCB.

J.R. Rutter
02-21-2009, 11:50 AM
You can blow them out from the outside. Eventually the media will become clogged to the point where you notice the performance drop, but that may be a long time depending on your use.

keith ouellette
02-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Something in your post just reminded me of this.

some body attached a square vibrating sander to the top of the canister filter with some epoxy and hooked it up to a switch so he could turn it on and vibrate the filter clean. could have been some one here. I don't know how well it worked but it sounds like a good idea.