PDA

View Full Version : signage in industrial environment.

Jeff Chumbley
02-20-2009, 11:14 AM
I have a request for signs from a customer. The signs need to be adhered to machinery that is subject to High Power hot wash and caustic chemicals. The signage is also color coded. Is there a Rowmark product that I could laser for this type of application?

Jeff

Joe Pelonio
02-20-2009, 12:02 PM
The only one I would consider is the reverse laser mark. You engrave the back (mirror image) so that only clear acrylic is exposed to the washing and
chemicals. It must be back painted to provide the lettering color(s) but I'd go farther, and apply vinyl over the paint, so that the whole thing is sealed.

There are about a dozen colors. You could do the same thing yourself though. Buy 1/16" clear polycarbonate. Spray the back with the colors the want, engrave as for the reverse laser mark, then spray the contrasting color with the same type of paint. Again I'd use vinyl over the paint to seal it.

AL Ursich
02-20-2009, 2:19 PM
I wonder how Color Sublimation on FRP then Epoxy Domes over the top would work?

I could alway send you a sample and you could have it blasted and see....

How would you mount them? Screws? Tape?

You could even Epoxy Dome the Laser version too. Epoxy dome is easy... I have posted pictures here.

Big Box Store Florescent Fixtures, UV Bulbs, and about $300.00 a Gal Epoxy.

Another thought.... Colored Corian then Color Fill with colored Corian Glue sand flush. Very Durable. Worth a try.

AL

Jeff Chumbley
02-20-2009, 6:24 PM
Thanks for the reply's will consider those options.