PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
02-20-2009, 7:40 AM
Friday February 20, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

Another work week is almost in the "books" and it's time for the fun and games of the weekend. :)

Weather is still cold up this way. 2º this morning with snow on the way tonight. They say we may get as much as 2". Not a problem. Spring is only a month away.

Not much on the agenda this weekend for me. Might have to fire up the JD and throw some snow around Saturday morning, but other than that I think I'll just take it easy. Got some racing to watch Saturday and Sunday from SoCal, but those will be in the late afternoon so they shouldn't mess up the day if'n I decide to do anything.

So what's happening in your part of the world? Hope this finds you in good health and ready for the weekend and making sawdust. :)

Be SAFE!

Karl

Matt Meiser
02-20-2009, 8:16 AM
Sounds like we'll be staying home all day tomorrow since there's a winter storm in the forecast. I've got a couple mirrors to finish and if that gets done, maybe I'll finally get started on that Parks planer.

Loren Blount
02-20-2009, 8:24 AM
Hopefully I'll be setting up my new Jet oscillating drum sander. If this winter storm doesn't derail me, and I can get it in the garage before Vicki gets home.. I know I know I suck!

Loren

ROY DICK
02-20-2009, 8:57 AM
Spend some time in the shop turning and mow the lawn.

Roy

Ken Fitzgerald
02-20-2009, 9:38 AM
Well....my Saturday is up in the air. If the oldest son goes with my wife, they'll take the granddaughter and great-granddaughter to the Spokane airport. If the oldest son decides he doesn't want to go, I'll be going. This time of year my wife justifiably doesn't like to travel alone up out of the valley. I want to do some turning but nothing that I can't start and stop over the weekend.

Michael Schumacher
02-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Well - I hope to get some building time in Sunday at least. The planter box is coming along nicely. My in-laws are coming into town, so some time will be ate up with that. I'm planning on going to a woodworking show (small one) in Fort Calhoun, NE on Saturday - hope it is worth the drive up there...who knows...

Need to start working on the computer and go through the book "Spring In Action" (programming book)...

Not much else...

Michael

Rob Cunningham
02-20-2009, 1:11 PM
I'm taking a 2 day wood turning class at PFW this weekend. That will use up most of Sat and Sun.

Mike Heidrick
02-20-2009, 1:20 PM
Finished up the majority of the Hitachi SCMS chop saw station this morning - Kreg Top track kit and melamine with 5' left and 3' right with saw table dimensions included. Will add some expandable tables left and right as well.

Next up, cleaning up the back bench, moving the Dewalt SCMS from the MSUV to the Bosch T4b stand, moving the Omnijig and FMT to the MSUV.

I am giving a shop tour on 2/26 to my local SFEA WW club and wil be hosting a handcut doevtail class soon as well - guy in our club is teaching half blinds to us. Going to add some extra vices to the back bench maybe for that. My have to look up shop made vices.

Al Willits
02-20-2009, 2:14 PM
I need a 10 day weekend for all the stuff planned...thank goodness I never get it all done anyway, so the pressures off...:D

Just got the Teac reel to reel up and running after a 10-15 year rest, and discovered that it looks like all the 60-70+ tapes of recorded music I have is still playable, gonna try and get as much as possible onto CD's...

Then get out to the garage..er...shop and try and get the wife's kitchen cart done before she finds another "while your resting can I get ya to do......" thing, them projects usually take the rest of the day...if I'm lucky.

Snow forecast so I'll make sure the snow blower is gassed up, where's the global warming I keep hearing about????

Ya all have a safe and well weekend.

Al

Steve Clardy
02-20-2009, 5:15 PM
Will be traveling down south a bit to help a good friend with his staircase install.

Sunday, probably firewood day, as I'm running low on wood

Jerry Bruette
02-21-2009, 9:04 AM
Today I'll be cutting the pieces for a building block set. It'll be a birthday present for our grandsons 2nd birthday. Tonight LOML and I will be going to a Green Bay Gambler's hockey game, it's the Teddy Bear toss game where they collect teddy bears to give to kids in the hospital.

Tomorrow I'll be helping our great nephew build his Pine Wood Derby car, hope we put together a winner.

Be Safe
Jerry

keith ouellette
02-21-2009, 3:24 PM
I did some research on my new dust collector and then went out to the shop to build some attic storage for things I hardly use or probably will never use but just won't through away.

tomorrow: more shop shelving and organizing and cleaning. the place got turned into a junk pit while I was ill over the past year.

JohnT Fitzgerald
02-21-2009, 5:31 PM
went to "the woodworking show", about 45 mins away, with a friend of mine for a few hours. keeping an eye on the kids for now, and I hope to get some shop time in tomorrow.

Jim Becker
02-21-2009, 5:44 PM
This is a "carrot-filled" :) weekend with normal equestrian stuff on Saturday and a show on Sunday. I may get a few other things done, but I'm not holding my breath...