PDA

View Full Version : Epilog laser tube

Zlatko Kursar
02-20-2009, 5:47 AM
Hello, I am from Croatia (Europe), and I am new on this forum.

Sorry for the poor knowledge of English.

I have EPILOG Mini24, 35W for 3 years.
My laser tube is weak. In the beginning I cut acrylic 3 mm with 12% speed, and now with 7%.
I verified the lens and mirrors and they are OK. I also made calibration.
My local distributor ask me for new 45W tube about $3.500.
I think that is expensive. What is the price in USA?
Thanks in advance.

Joe Pelonio
02-20-2009, 7:50 AM
45 watts $1,100 last time I checked.

Tom Gooch
02-21-2009, 6:43 PM
Yes, $1100 is what I was quoted as well.

Zlatko Kursar
02-22-2009, 5:14 AM
Thanks guys,

I contacted the distributor from another region, and he told me that I can buy a tube directly from the epilog. But the problem is that the old tube must send in the USA and all that it takes a long time. In the mean time, I can't work. But I think that is only solution.

Scott Shepherd
02-22-2009, 9:48 AM
I believe the method is this- you pay for the new tube in full on a credit card ( I don't think they charge it, the purchase is approved and held, not submitted). They send you a new tube, you send the old tube back. When the old tube gets back, they cancel the transaction for the entire price.

It's a way they can make sure they don't get taken advantage of.

I could be wrong, but I think that's how most companies are doing it, or something similar.

That way you are running right up to the day it arrives, you swap it out, send the other one back and you're not down for a single day. Contact Epilog and speak with them about it. I'm sure they will take care of you.

Tony Lenkic
02-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Zlatko,

Did you ask your local distributor if he will credit you for old returned tube and how much.
My guess is he is driving distance from you and you can bring old one for exchange on the spot if the price is right.

Where in Croatia are you?

Rangarajan Saravana kumar
02-22-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi,

I have Epilog legend 24 EX 75w ,may anyone guide for getting tube recharge price?

Regards,
Saravanakumar

Martin Boekers
02-22-2009, 3:20 PM
Greetings,

I recently recieved a quote from epilog for my 36EXT 75 watt tube.

It was about $1800 not including shipping for a new tube, the core charge on the old one though was about $2800 which would be refunded upon the return of the core.

Marty

Rangarajan Saravana kumar
02-22-2009, 9:25 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your quote

My local guy is asking 5k usd

Regards,
saravanakumar

Rob Bosworth
02-26-2009, 4:54 PM
I think what read was: Zlatko has a 35 watt machine and wants to upgrade to a 45 watt laser. That is why the replacement charge is as high as what he is being quoted. I would guess a 35 watt replacement laser would be much less.