PDA

View Full Version : Wallpaper Question

Brent Leonard
02-19-2009, 4:49 PM
Not being an expert or even having experience with wallpaper, I've run into an issue.

My wife lassoed me into wallpapering 2 of our bathrooms. I actually found it very easy and it turned out quite nice. My only problem was I underestimated material for both rooms. Not a huge deal, just had to order more and finish the project a few days later.

here's the issue....
In one bathroom, the section that we had to "finish up" with the second batch of ordered paper, is starting to get weird surface cracking and peeling. It is only the surface print of the paper that is doing it and only in spots (a few inches in size). It is not all the way through the paper, and it is just now showing up after 3 or 4 months since it was done.

I have 2 scenarios which I believe could be the problem:
1: we got a defective batch of paper on the second order
or
2: Some paste was left on the surface of some of the paper in spots, it dried and has caused the printing to dry out, crack and peel off the paper.

Is scenario 2 possible? Anyone had similar experience? Like I said, it is only happening on the paper from the batch we had to order after originally running out. I can find no other pattern or commonality to the problem. it's not heat exposure from a light, vent, etc.... nor is it getting wet.

:confused:

Michael Weber
02-19-2009, 8:06 PM
Well, I was going to suggest you turn on the light when you GO but you say it's not getting wet so I opt for defective paper. I've hung a bit in my near 40 years of marriage and never experienced what you describe from a little paste being left on top.

Brent Leonard
02-19-2009, 10:52 PM
Well, I was going to suggest you turn on the light when you GO but you say it's not getting wet so I opt for defective paper. I've hung a bit in my near 40 years of marriage and never experienced what you describe from a little paste being left on top.

Bwahhaha! Good one. :D

Only problem is, I don't use that bathroom, and if I did, it is the wall opposite the throne, a good 12' away from it and up towards the ceiling.

maybe back in my drinkin days......!!

At any rate, I'll be redoing a few square feet of wallpaper.

Cliff Rohrabacher
02-21-2009, 3:21 PM
1: we got a defective batch of paper on the second order
:confused:

That's what I suspect.