PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Area Woodworking

Waymon Campbell
07-09-2004, 5:28 PM
I am going to be in Dallas on business July 13-16th and am wondering if anyone could recommend any woodworking stops. I already plan to go out to Curly Woods to see Mike Mastin and company (and maybe pick up a thing or two :D ). I'll be driving up from Baytown in my truck so you never know what I might bring back home.

Dennis Peacock
07-09-2004, 5:53 PM
Wave and say hello to all the Dallas Area "boys" for me.!!!! :D

I'd love to come and meet all of you. Maybe I'll do that next month!!!

Jim Becker
07-09-2004, 6:08 PM
Do try and get together with Mr. Jenkins if you can--great shop and work; and there are a few other folks that are fun to meet with. (Maybe you can pull Martin away from the Airbus simulator for a few hours... :D ) What I did was arrange for a "group meal" at a local place so everyone could just come and chat for awhile. It worked out wonderfully.

I'm glad you're going to head up to Mike's place, but be prepared to a heavy urge to FILL your truck. Yup, you'll want to do that. No question. Only an airplane seat kept me from doing that...

Waymon Campbell
07-09-2004, 6:23 PM
I'm glad you're going to head up to Mike's place, but be prepared to a heavy urge to FILL your truck. Yup, you'll want to do that. No question. Only an airplane seat kept me from doing that...

I hear ya Jim. A stop at Curly Woods was the primary driver (pun intended) of me coming up in my truck vs. flying.

Chris Padilla
07-09-2004, 7:42 PM
Waymon,

Be sure and recruit a few folks for the Big Bessey Buy Blow-out we're (attempting) to have. Tell them you can deliver the clamps on the way back from Arkansas! :D Just a thought....

Martin Shupe
07-09-2004, 7:52 PM
Do try and get together with Mr. Jenkins if you can--great shop and work; and there are a few other folks that are fun to meet with. (Maybe you can pull Martin away from the Airbus simulator for a few hours... :D ) What I did was arrange for a "group meal" at a local place so everyone could just come and chat for awhile. It worked out wonderfully.

Waymon,

I'd love to meet you, but as Jim mentioned, I am a little busy for another week or so. All done with the sim, and should have been done with the plane, but it broke one night this week and I lost 5 hours and a couple landings that I need before they will sign me off. I am looking forward to finally being done later this coming week, so I can get back to my wife, kids, and woodshop. You will love Curly Woods, and Steve Jenkins is worth a visit as well. Both are great guys, with nice toys and lumber. Sorry I will miss you.

Bob_Hammond
07-09-2004, 9:18 PM
There are 2 Woodcrafts and 2 Rocklers in town if you are interested in either of them.

Bob