PDA

View Full Version : Tyler!

Byron Trantham
07-09-2004, 4:36 PM
Tyler, you're advice on the Spinner III from Iturra was a good one!!! :D :D

I just got it along with the upper wheel shims.

Ok, I put in a new tension spring, installed their wheel brush, shimmed out the upper wheel to bring them in coplanar operation, bought Iturra's tensioning gage and the Spinner III replacement for the tensioning rod (Tyler's recommendation). I had occasion to try all the mods out with a 1/4" blade. Initial evaluation - well worth the effort and money! I checked how perpendicular my blade was relative to the table. Slightly off. With a 6" machinists square it's off by about 1/16". I think I will get their table shim kit. I'll re-post once I have more time to use the saw but initially I can't be happier. I've had the saw for several years and was never happy with it. The blade always "hopped" or "bounced". Doesn't now! :D I really think that's because I am properly tensiong the blade now. We'll see.

Mark Singer
07-09-2004, 4:45 PM
Please don't give Tyler any compliments....with the new baby (PM66) he is hard enough to deal with now

Waymon Campbell
07-09-2004, 5:07 PM
Ditto to what Mark said. We should all be very, very afraid now!!!

Dennis Peacock
07-09-2004, 5:51 PM
Tyler's too busy with that new PM66 to even consider a response to this head swelling post.!! ;)

OK Tyler....what's next on the agenda?

Waymon Campbell
07-09-2004, 6:05 PM
Tyler's too busy with that new PM66 to even consider a response to this head swelling post.!! ;)

OK Tyler....what's next on the agenda?

Yeah - Tyler is seeing the world thru yellow (as opposed to rose) colored glasses... :rolleyes:

David Klink
07-09-2004, 7:12 PM
Yeah - Tyler is seeing the world thru yellow (as opposed to rose) colored glasses... :rolleyes:
Or, since there are yellow roses, maybe he's got the old yellow rose colored glasses on. Don't you have to be a citizen of Texas to wear yellow rose colored glasses though?:)

John Shuk
07-09-2004, 7:27 PM
Everybody pile on Tyler! I know he can't think about nuthin but gold!

Chris Padilla
07-09-2004, 7:47 PM
*Ahem*...I think it was "baby poop yellow" glasses..... :D

Tyler Howell
07-10-2004, 6:41 AM
What:confused:

Was somebody speaking?? Sorry, a little busy right now! No time to talk! More fun!!:p

Byron,
Happy she worked for you, after 1400 posts I finally hit one. Haven't had your troubles but happy with the mods.
I did:

John M. DC. port.
Tire brush
HD Spring
Spinner3
110 to 240VAC
Segmented belt.
Carter Guides:cool: .
HTC Mobil base
Finally Got Lou's BS catalog after 3 months and 4 requests. I'm sure it was an over sight. It was worth the wait.
Has anyone tried the Iturra Guidepost Counter Balancer?? I know!!! But it's another gizzmo!;)

More Fun!