PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic Model 60 Jointer

Josh Reid
02-19-2009, 10:42 AM
This jointer has popped up close to me for $550. Don't have much information on it other that it runs great and is 115v. I am in the market for a jointer and was looking at one of the 6" Grizzly's but for not much more money I could get this one and never have to upgrade in the future. Space might be an issue but I am sure I could make something work if this is a good deal. My two questions are 1) Is this a good deal if it is in good shape? 2) From what I have read most of these were 230v. Is there another model or motor option that was 115v. It doesn't really matter since I have both in my garage just wanted to know.

Andrew Gibson
02-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Sounds like a good deal to me... if it is in good shape. I would guess that if it is wired for 115v it probably has a 1.5hp motor (but that is only a guess) and most likely could easily be rewired to 230v if you were so inclined.

I would love an 8" or wider jointer, and the long beds even more then the width.

george wilson
02-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Be very careful that the tables are parallel to each other,and parallel to the cutterhead's width. One of the shops around here bought an 8" powermatic,and the tables were over 1/8" out of parallel.