PDA

View Full Version : This is not a Gloat

Bill Petersen
02-19-2009, 12:25 AM
The Fed Ex truck did not deliver my Grizzly G0513X2 last night. I did not set it up and have it ready to cut tonight. I will not use it tomorrow night. These things didn't happen because I did not take photos.

Darn, I'd better figure out how to post pics! Without pics only I know how happy I am.:)

Bill (I'm not really here)

Ken Fitzgerald
02-19-2009, 12:45 AM
Bill,

I can help you post photos. Would you like a little help or are you just yanking our chains?:eek:

frank shic
02-19-2009, 12:47 AM
first we had the UNcola now we have the UNgloat lol. enjoy!!!

Bill Petersen
02-19-2009, 12:58 AM
Ken, I can probably figure it out eventually. I usually try to do these things after a 12 or 14 hour day when I am totally brain dead. When I try to learn something new at 4:30 a.m. it seems to click into place. I'll learn how to post photos this weekend (if I can stay out of the shop). If I can't get it I'll PM you. Thanks.
Bill

John Keeton
02-19-2009, 6:00 AM
Maybe today! Keep the faith!

Don Bullock
02-19-2009, 9:24 AM
Bill, congratulations on your ungloat.:D

Jim Kountz
02-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Congrats on your gloat that didnt really happen!!

Stephen Edwards
02-19-2009, 10:27 AM
When I try to learn something new at 4:30 a.m. it seems to click into place.
Bill

Early mornings are absolutely the best time of day for me to learn something new or to do a complicated task. That wasn't always the case with me. I'll soon be 100 years old, only another 42 years to go. Time changes things!

glenn bradley
02-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Who is this un-masked, un-guy with his un-gloat? How un-usual ;-)) I'll help out by going out to my shop and looking at my 513X while reading his post.

Mike Heidrick
02-20-2009, 1:00 AM
Bill I am not at all happy for you. No Congrats from me. I have no pictures of any of these congratulation comments. I was never here. These words were never typed. This message will self detonate in 5..4..3..2..1.....

James Hendrix
02-20-2009, 1:59 PM
Were there any challenges in getting setup? I am ordering one next weekend and am looking forward to getting it. My previous band saw was a Harbor Freight so this should be a huge leap...

Bruce Page
02-20-2009, 2:37 PM
§gloat (intransitive verb)
gloat [ glōt ] (gloat·ea, gloat·ing, gloats)

to be happy

to feel or express self-satisfaction about
something such as an achievement
or possession.

§SMC gloat (intransitive verb)
gloat [ glōt ] (gloat·ea, gloat·ing, gloats)

to feel or express self-satisfaction about
something such as an achievement
or possession.

must include photographic documentation
for authenticity.

:D:D

Steve H Graham
02-20-2009, 5:47 PM
You don't suck.

Bill Petersen
02-20-2009, 6:27 PM
Were there any challenges in getting setup? I am ordering one next weekend and am looking forward to getting it. My previous band saw was a Harbor Freight so this should be a huge leap...

No, there were no real challenges other than it is one heavy beast. I wired it for 110V as I have no 220V in my garage. This weekend I will be wiring it for 220 and installing a 220 circuit. No problem of the saw. The problem is with the house hold wiring. I have 2 20amp outlets in the garage. I just found that one of them is actually connected to a 15 amp GFI circuit and the other also carries the overhead lights which should have been on their own 15 amp circuit.:eek: Nothing like buying a quick-built tract home. This one went up during the very height of the building boom in Las Vegas. I guess I'm lucky they remembered to put in electricity at all.

So, with that, I think you'll have no trouble setting up the saw and you will like it very much.

Bill

Bill Petersen
02-20-2009, 6:29 PM
Bill I am not at all happy for you. No Congrats from me. I have no pictures of any of these congratulation comments. I was never here. These words were never typed. This message will self detonate in 5..4..3..2..1.....

Thanks, I did not read your post and I am not replying to it.

Wow, the un-gloats and un-messages are great!!:)

P.S. Pics coming this weekend.

keith ouellette
02-20-2009, 6:47 PM
I met someone a short time back. He used to have a wood working shop many years ago but now lives in an apartment. we were talking about wood working and I mentioned how much I enjoyed reading things from the creek.

He grinned broadly and confessed how he showed pictures of a friends work and shop on a regular basis on wood working forums. He loves talking about wood working and doesn't have a shop but seems to have plenty of pictures.

true story but I didn't take a picture of the guy so does that mean he doesn't exist? and he wouldn't tell me what name he used or what forums he went to so I have no way to verify this.