PDA

View Full Version : TV Cabinet

Ron Erickson
02-18-2009, 11:50 AM
All Red Oak 32" wide and 32" high, no stain, just wipe on Poly finish. The cabinet is my design and I used all rift sawn straight grain for all the rails and stiles. The side and front panels are cathedral grain that is book matched. The 3 slide out shelves are full extension and since I spent a lot of time on the turning forum, I turned the two knobs out of cherry for a little contrast. I am open to suggestions on how I could have designed it better.

Ron

Laurie Brown
02-18-2009, 12:46 PM
It looks great, Ron!

I have a question about the construction, since I've been working on cabinets here myself. How do you do the sides? Do you make a flat side and then add trim around the edges?

Ron Erickson
02-18-2009, 1:40 PM
It looks great, Ron!

I have a question about the construction, since I've been working on cabinets here myself. How do you do the sides? Do you make a flat side and then add trim around the edges?

Laurie,
I made the sides the same construction as the doors. Rails and stiles with a 1/4" thick panel that floats in the middle.

Dewey Torres
02-18-2009, 9:35 PM
You are going to love the full extension guides.

Make darn sure you treat the corners with something to protect the inside of your doors or you will regret it!

Great work.

John Thompson
02-23-2009, 1:39 PM
Nicely done. Ron.. nice book-match on the doors..

Sarge..

Mike McCann
02-23-2009, 3:50 PM
Ron

that is sweet looking.

mike johnston
02-23-2009, 8:43 PM
I guess you do more than round stuff.
Mike