PDA

View Full Version : Shrapnel from Colorado Springs...in Idaho...

Ken Fitzgerald
02-17-2009, 7:17 PM
Dewey....You sorry rascal! You shouldn't have done that.

Folks.....A box from Amazon today with a note inside about Incoming..and me learning segmented turning..signed by one Dewey Torres......Woodturning with Ray Allen DVDl

Thanks Dewey! With that DVD and the book I ordered by Malcolm Tibbetts....I've lost all excuses to not try segmented turning.

Thanks again Senior!

Dewey Torres
02-17-2009, 7:56 PM
Careful Ken...evil twin brother has yet to touch ground zero;)

Brian Effinger
02-17-2009, 11:14 PM
You should have seen this coming Ken. First, Dewey is a stand-up kind of guy, and second, I think he let notice of the reciprocal bombing slip once of twice. :)

Ken Fitzgerald
02-18-2009, 7:46 PM
Way to go Dewey!

Now I have to make a decision:mad:.....Read Wood Turning with Ray Allen by Dale L Nish....or Malcolm Tibbett's book "The Art of Segmented Turning" ....or "Turning Pens and Pencils" by Christensen and Burningham.....

They all three arrived today!

Thanks Dewey! :)

Bernie Weishapl
02-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Fitz old buddy you had better get in gear. Time is a wasting. Sheeesshhh time is a wasting.;):rolleyes::cool:

Jim Becker
02-19-2009, 10:27 AM
Look at it this way, Ken...segmenting will give you the opportunity to use some other tools in your shop that are probably collecting dust from sanding spinny things or holding up tools and rough blanks. :D Does your significant other know she's not going to be seeing much of you anymore unless she comes out to the shop to visit?

Ken Fitzgerald
02-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Look at it this way, Ken...segmenting will give you the opportunity to use some other tools in your shop that are probably collecting dust from sanding spinny things or holding up tools and rough blanks. :D Does your significant other know she's not going to be seeing much of you anymore unless she comes out to the shop to visit?

I'm not sure....but when I come in for supper she seems to be smiling more than I remember her doing in the past.....:o