PDA

View Full Version : Impressive workshops in Boston?

Jason White
02-17-2009, 4:26 PM
Can anybody tell me where some of the more impressive woodworking shops in the Boston area are?

Can be commercial or private. I'm just looking for a little inspiration.

Jason

Matt Drewello
02-17-2009, 4:41 PM
Contact Tommy MacDonald, aka TChisel. If his work won't inspire you nothing will.

Matt

Shawn Buonarosa
02-17-2009, 4:52 PM
Pete Micheline has got some skills, and a very impressive shop to boot.
Check out his site, you won't be disappointed.
It's no coincidence that he graduated from the same school as T-Mac, NBSS churns out some of the best talent around.

Jeff Duncan
02-17-2009, 5:28 PM
Impressive in what way? Size of machinery, quantity of machinery, quality or quantity of work? There are many different variables which could define impressive. Someone who's a hobbiest might think my little 2k sq. ft. shop is impressive. Though compared to my former employers 110k sq. ft. space it seems pretty puny. Same for the quality of our work for that matter;)
good luck,
JeffD

Glenn Clabo
02-17-2009, 5:41 PM
Look at the end product and then head north...;)
http://www.thosmoser.com/showroom.detail.php?showroom_id=25

Jason White
02-18-2009, 9:58 AM
Actually, I'm more interested in the actual shops than what is being made in them.

Trying to get some layout and design ideas.

Jason

Impressive in what way? Size of machinery, quantity of machinery, quality or quantity of work? There are many different variables which could define impressive. Someone who's a hobbiest might think my little 2k sq. ft. shop is impressive. Though compared to my former employers 110k sq. ft. space it seems pretty puny. Same for the quality of our work for that matter;)
good luck,
JeffD

Jeff Duncan
02-19-2009, 1:26 PM
Well if that's the case you don't want my shop, not a particularly great layout and buried in dust and cutoffs. Someday I'm going to get around to a major re-organization, if the economy doesn't start picking up it may be sooner rather than later:eek:
JeffD

Jeff Cremers
02-19-2009, 1:58 PM
While I understand little is better than looking at something in person. But you can gain enough knowledge to fill two peoples brain just off this site alone. Do a search on so many keywords ex. "shop pictures", "show me your" , "shop" "shop Layout" the list is endless. You can pick up / steal so many ideas on jigs, layout and storage. Everything. I love looking at people's shop pictures and try to take an idea of something they are using and change it to fit my needs. Some pictures make me very jealous and others make me look like a clean freak which I'm not.
Then when you finish with this site go to several others and look at all those.
Do that and we'll see you when you finish looking at all those in a few months.

Have fun storming the castle,
Jeff

Eric Garner
02-19-2009, 2:35 PM
Shawn - can't seem to find Pete Micheline's website. Do you have the URL?

Thanks,

Shawn Buonarosa
02-19-2009, 5:19 PM
Here you go. His shop is just a great big warehouse, but it's awesome. His work is the really impressive stuff though.

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.michelinie.com/home.html&ei=BtqdSc7LBsyatwemy8CQDQ&sa=X&oi=spellmeleon_result&resnum=1&ct=result&cd=1&usg=AFQjCNEzfx34Kqxx-_ml-nd-0bmoX2Ci_A