PDA

View Full Version : now I know

Harvey M. Taylor
02-17-2009, 12:47 PM
spent about an hour writing a tutorial on how to make smooth straight and accurate spindles. Put it at the bottom to wait for wifey help in posting it. She came in while I was gone for a few minutes and was doing something on the 'puter. A window came up'close all tabs?' sne clicked on it and down the sewer went an hours typing w`ith my two forefingers. Gotta do it over.yecht. Max

Steve Schlumpf
02-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Harvey - depending on what program you were using to type the tutorial - sometimes they do auto saves of the temp file. Check in the folder to see if there is a temp file there before you have to type everything again.

Jim Kountz
02-17-2009, 1:15 PM
What Steve said, it you were using Word, it should be there.

Mike Golka
02-17-2009, 1:26 PM
Harvey sounds to me like you were typing in the web site it'sself. This is OK for short notes but for lots of typing and pictures it's best to use a word processor which you can then cut and paste from.

Harvey M. Taylor
02-17-2009, 1:45 PM
I went to the end of the turners forum where you start new thread and typed it.Anyway, will type it later and hope to send pics in an attachment. Thanks to all, Max

Ryan Baker
02-17-2009, 8:26 PM
Never, EVER, share a computer with anyone else for any reason. This rule applies in particular to spouses and children. Nothing good can come of it. :)

When you redo it, you might consider doing it in something like Word so that you can get everything right (and save it along the way). when you are done, it is easy to paste that into a post if you like. That's a good idea for long posts anyway, since the forum somftware has been known to occasionally cut people off after a long time.

Steve Campbell
02-17-2009, 8:33 PM
I seem to have the same problem from time to time and I Live alone. No one to blame but me.

Steve