PDA

View Full Version : New to the Forum and hopefully a new Saw

Jim Chinnick
02-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Hello all. I am new to the forum and have just been browsing the threads the past few days. There seems to be a lot of good people with a lot of good information here! I have been building poker tables here and there for the last few years and this year I'm hoping to get a little more serious with the business side of things. I currently only have a couple of routers, a chopsaw, circular saw, biscuit joiner, sander, pocket hole jig, and some other odds and ends. Now for building oval tables this is fine, but to do anything else it's a struggle. So.....this weekend there is a very real chance that I will be picking up a Sawstop to finally get the big piece I've been missing. My wife and I made our first visit to Took King this past weekend, oh boy could I go broke in that place. I went in just to see if they had the new PRL V2 lift and once I walked through the doors it was hysteria. I didn't know which way to turn. Look at this dear, or look at that dear, or oh man we really need one of these dear.....anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to particpating here.

Joe Von Kaenel
02-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Jim,

Welcome to Saw Mill Creek. You can get almost any woodworking question answered here.

Joe

Brian Kent
02-17-2009, 12:48 PM
Welcome Jim. What part of Colorado do you live in? I was born in Greeley, raised in Westminster, now living in rainy California.

Brian Kent

Eric Roberge
02-17-2009, 1:07 PM
Welcome! I joined not long ago and have found that everyone is very helpful and friendly. You'll like SMC!

Jim Chinnick
02-17-2009, 2:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome. We moved to Castle Rock from New Jersey in 2000. It's a great state.

Mike Goetzke
02-17-2009, 2:14 PM
Jim - welcome. Good luck on the TS purchase. I recently installed a V2 - if you have any questions feel free to PM me. Plus could you post a pic of the tables you have been building?

Thanks,

Mike

Jim Kountz
02-17-2009, 2:17 PM
Welcome to the Creek, hopefully we'll soon be seeing some pics of that new SS right? Pictures, we love us some pictures here!!

Jim Chinnick
02-17-2009, 2:56 PM
Well last Saturday I had the blessing to make the purchase but of course that was Valentine's Day. This Saturday is just Saturday...so we'll see if the wife is still okay with the purchase. Here is a photo of one of the tables, assuming I do this right....

Jim Chinnick
02-17-2009, 3:01 PM
Here is one with a flat chipboard. I wasn't sure if it was okay to post pics, didn't want to cross any boundries...

Matt Day
02-17-2009, 3:41 PM
You need to post more pictures! Those look great! I think my SO will want me to make a poker table one day, so I'm sort of keeping an eye on them.

could you give us some more detailed pictures of the bases, and some construction details?

Daniel Thompson
02-17-2009, 4:21 PM
Jim, welcome to the creek. We must be neighbors. Nice tables.

Jim Chinnick
02-17-2009, 4:25 PM
Hey neighbor. I'm in Founders.

Daniel Thompson
02-17-2009, 5:00 PM
I'm just south of town in Keene Ranch. We'll have to compare notes. You can see some pictures of my new shop in my long winded post on the workshop forum.

Jim Chinnick
02-17-2009, 6:35 PM
Daniel that looks great. I'd love to come check it out in person........

Jim Chinnick
02-17-2009, 8:32 PM
Here is a view of the base Matt. I really hope to be uploading pics of a Sawstop soon though!

Don Bullock
02-17-2009, 8:55 PM
Welcome to Sawmill Creek Jim. You'll love the SawStop. Congratulations in advance. As for pictures, the people here love them. They seem to be a requirement.;):D