PDA

View Full Version : Nudged a friend closer to the vortex

Dewey Torres
02-17-2009, 1:41 AM
Today my fiend Pat Germain turned his first bonker on the bomb and liked it:D

Yes, it was the blind teaching the blind:o but I guess I was good enough.

I have some turnings of my own coming soon... very soon!

Here is Pat with his small piece of 2x4 we turned and went through about 4 tools today.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-17-2009, 2:23 AM
Pat.....Misery likes company! Ask Dewey!

Congrats to both of you!

Steve Schlumpf
02-17-2009, 7:38 AM
.............and so it begins!!!

Looks like you guys had some fun! The vortex is calling but it is a fun ride! Expensive - but fun!

Looking forward to seeing your turnings real soon Dewey!

Jim Kountz
02-17-2009, 8:51 AM
There ya go Dewey, reel them in and get em hooked!! Tell Pat hes in it now and cant turn back!!

David Christopher
02-17-2009, 8:57 AM
Another one bites the dust

Bill Bolen
02-17-2009, 9:50 AM
You've got him on the slippery slope now! Just give him one more push and he's in!...Bill..

Brian Effinger
02-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Awwww.... a little baby bonker! :p :D

And Dewey, you've had the bomb for a while now and still no turning photos? Other than 2 bonkers, of course. :)

Brian

Bernie Weishapl
02-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Congrats to both. Yep down the slippery slope he goes.

ROY DICK
02-17-2009, 3:35 PM
Dewey,

Good for you.
Fun for him.
You my friend are a mentor. :D
Congrats.

Roy

Rod Sheridan
02-17-2009, 3:59 PM
[quote=Dewey Torres;1054909]Today my fiend Pat Germain turned his first bonker on the bomb and liked it:D

quote]

Well Dewey, I wouldn't have called Pat that, however you have met him so I guess I'll accept your assessment of him........Rod.

Pat Germain
02-17-2009, 10:40 PM
There are a few people I work with who'd agree with the "fiend" description. And I take it as a compliment that they consider me a pain in the neck. :)

Dewey is a very good teacher. But he just had to make me smile in that picture. Sheesh, I look even goofier when I smile in a pic.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. I can feel myself sliding ever so gently into the vortex. I'm reminded of that "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" movie. One of the little people says, "Once you're here, there's no goin' back!".

Ken Fitzgerald
02-17-2009, 10:46 PM
There are a few people I work with who'd agree with the "fiend" description. And I take it as a compliment that they consider me a pain in the neck. :)

Dewey is a very good teacher. But he just had to make me smile in that picture. Sheesh, I look even goofier when I smile in a pic.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. I can feel myself sliding ever so gently into the vortex. I'm reminded of that "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" movie. One of the little people says, "Once you're here, there's no goin' back!".

Must be another "Chief"....:eek::rolleyes:

Pat Germain
02-18-2009, 8:32 AM
Must be another "Chief"....:eek::rolleyes:

I take that as a compliment as well, Ken. I was Navy for nine years. But I was never a Chief. I left the Navy just as I was about to take the Chief's exam for the first time. Obviously, I still hold many Navy attitudes and that rubs some people the wrong way. Especially when they don't want to to their jobs.

I can tell you Senior Chief Torres runs a tight ship. We work together at a joint command and he takes great care of his Air Force and Army troops as well as his sailors. As for me, I'm a slimey contractor and it's a great priviledge to learn from Dewey; woodworking and other topics as well.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-18-2009, 8:56 AM
Pat....that was meant to be a compliment.

Dewey Torres
02-18-2009, 7:44 PM
Awwww.... a little baby bonker! :p :D

And Dewey, you've had the bomb for a while now and still no turning photos? Other than 2 bonkers, of course. :)

Brian

Brian,
I put some photos in my album but did not make threads for them (cause they stink!):o. The bomb and I are going to turn some stoppers next.:D

Brian Effinger
02-18-2009, 8:37 PM
Brian,
I put some photos in my album but did not make threads for them (cause they stink!):o.
I wouldn't say that. The ornament with the tree in the middle turned out pretty good. Put some finish on it and save it for next Christmas.

The bomb and I are going to turn some stoppers next.:D
I'm looking forward to seeing some.
Good or bad, you should post more photos. People will begin to think you've somehow managed to climb of of the vortex :eek:

Dewey Torres
02-18-2009, 8:53 PM
I will post the stoppers and hope they show improvement.