PDA

View Full Version : Wilke's - A great company to deal with

Patrick O'Connor
07-08-2004, 8:43 PM
Back in late April I ordered a Yorkcraft 15" Planer and 5 Ft of Flex Vac Hose from Wilke's. The planer arrived 2 days later with the flex hose strapped to it so I got the shipping on the hose for free. The planer was packaged better than any tool I have purchased. Assembly was minimal and the protective oil was not anywhere where it was not needed. I say this because for Christmas I received a mortiser from a US company and it was a mess with the oil. It took me 3 times as long to clean it as it did the planer. The planer ran perfectly out of the box. The hose had a 10" slit right down the middle. I called Wilke's (my salesperson was Tom) and he said no problem, that they would send a new hose but when he checked they were out of stock. He said it was ordered but not received and they would ship ASAP (estimate was 2 weeks). I said okay and went about trying to use the damaged hose. I patched it with electrical tape but it kept giving me problems. Well the new hose finaly arrived at Wilke's and Tom sent me a spare set of blades for my planer along with the new hose because as he said "I was patient in waiting". The hose was worth $25.00 and the blades list for $78.00. I have never had any company do this. Needless to say I am one happy customer and heartfully recommend Wilke's Machinery in York PA. By the way, I have NO affilliation with them.
Pat

Bruce Page
07-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Wow! That was above & beyond! I don't recall ever hearing anything bad about Wilke.

BTW, Welcome to SMC