PDA

View Full Version : How to connect? Help!

Garth Keel
02-16-2009, 2:35 PM
I just bought a Fein Turbo II with a 1 1/4 hose. I have a Dust Deputy that has a 2" id outlet to the vacuum. How do I connect the two? So far this has been brain surgery.

Jim Koepke
02-16-2009, 2:50 PM
Have you tried going to a hardware store or plumbing supply and finding a reduction coupling that will fit on both?

Find something to make mock ups of the sizes needed if you can not take the parts with you.

You may also want to have plenty of duct tape.

jim

Chip Lindley
02-16-2009, 3:15 PM
Brain surgery?? I think not! Too many expect *ready-made* parts to drop into their lap! If they can't find it in one of the mainstream catalogs it does not exist! (or have you looked at Grizzly? Woodworker's Supply? Rockler? Catalog OR online? Your specifications are pretty common and mundane. At least they aren't METRIC.

Lotsa PVC pipe connectors at the BORG! I'm sure you can find something that will hook the 1-1/4" and 2" together! HINT: if PVC parts are close but not a perfect fit, they can be SANDED down OR shimmed up until they DO FIT! And YES, there is always *DUCK TAPE*!

David DeCristoforo
02-16-2009, 3:28 PM
Why do you think god gave us duct tape?????

Garth Keel
02-16-2009, 3:47 PM
Now why didn't I think of that! It's green, natural, and always works!:D

I don't think that there are always ready, made parts but, you never know. I try to think positive. PVC and Duct tape together. Isn't that how they make Rockets? All good ideas. I must have had brain-freeze!