PDA

View Full Version : Breast Cancer Vase

ROY DICK
02-16-2009, 12:18 PM
A lady my wife works with was diagnosed with breast cancer this last weekend, so I made this vase for her.
The dye used was transfast Cardinal Red, really thinned down. I have about a 1/2 gallon of pink dye now.
The finish is briwax and it is about 4" tall and 2" in diameter.110325

Brian Effinger
02-16-2009, 1:56 PM
Wow, that's a bright vase. Good work Roy. I bet that would go over really well at cancer charity auctions.

Brian

Steve Schlumpf
02-16-2009, 4:50 PM
Roy - always upsetting to hear of someone diagnosed with cancer! Times have changed and hopefully they have caught it early enough to effect treatment!

Very nice vase! The color is most appropriate! I am sure she will love the vase as well as the thought behind it!

So, are you going to dye a bunch of bowls with the left over dye? Not exactly a manly/man type of color but could be a big seller in Texas!

ROY DICK
02-17-2009, 8:33 AM
Thanks Brian ans Steve.
Good idea Brian, i will look into it.

Steve,
Not too sure about the bowls tho.:confused:

Roy

Jim Kountz
02-17-2009, 8:44 AM
A lady my wife works with was diagnosed with breast cancer this last weekend, so I made this vase for her.
The dye used was transfast Cardinal Red, really thinned down. I have about a 1/2 gallon of pink dye now.
The finish is briwax and it is about 4" tall and 2" in diameter.110325

Nice turning for a great cause, Im sure this will bring her a ray of light during her dark hours. Nice job!!

Rick Prosser
02-17-2009, 9:44 AM
Wow - its, well, ... pink! :eek: Nice job getting the color.

Sorry to hear about the diagnosis - good luck.

Bernie Weishapl
02-17-2009, 12:43 PM
That is a great turning for a great cause. Hope things go well for her. Well done Roy.

ROY DICK
02-17-2009, 3:32 PM
Thanks everyone.

Roy