PDA

View Full Version : Text in a circle in Corel

Bob Kline
02-16-2009, 11:31 AM
I'd like to put text following the curve around the inside a circle in Corel 12 but haven't been able to figure it out. Can someone smarter (just about everybody) with Corel help out?
Thanks

James Stokes
02-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Draw your circle then click on the text tool then click on the circle, Your text will then follow the circle. Another way draw your circle, type your text then open your text menue, hit fit text to path click on the text and then click on the circle.

Dave Johnson29
02-16-2009, 12:13 PM
I'd like to put text following the curve around the inside a circle in Corel 12

Hi Bob,

I had the same problem, recently but some 'creekers helped me out.

In addition to James' suggestion...

Draw your circle.

Write the text in the font and size you want.

Click the "Text" menu and click "Fit text to path." You will get a big arrow, so click it on the circle.

Now click off on the desktop anywhere to deselect everything.

Click on the text and it should select the text and a circle and also show a little red box.

You use the box to drag the text around the circle.

Now, when you have the text, circle and little red box where you want it, look at the top left of the toolbar and there will be a drop-down for "Presets" scroll down to item 7 and it will put the text inside the circle.

Martin Boekers
02-16-2009, 12:53 PM
It seems the questions are always about text on a circle.

Text can be fit to any path, whether it be a circle, square or star.
You can draw a freeform path with the pen tool and also fit the text to that path.

Type out the text then in the text header select fit to path then click on the path you want.

This opens the door to many text options besides the standard circle.

Marty

Steve Clarkson
02-16-2009, 2:03 PM
And don't forget that when you are done, click Arrange|Break Text Apart and then you can click on the circle and delete it, leaving only the text.

Martin Boekers
02-16-2009, 2:08 PM
Steve, you should be able to just click off the circle then select it again and delete without have to break apart the text.

One thing though, when you delete the circle you cannot go back and reformat the text.

So much Corel so little time!!!

Marty