PDA

View Full Version : WW Videos

Vince Shriver
02-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Whenever I view a WW video it seems to start, then freeze, the start for a bit, then freeze again, and on and on like that. The "Buffering %" thing goes all over the place from 3% to 40% to 60% back to 10%. What can I do to prevent this. Very annoying to watch like this, to the point I just quit. Thanks, Vince

Tom Veatch
02-16-2009, 12:25 AM
You didn't specify the environment in which the problem is occurring, so I'm assuming that it's happening as your browser tries to play videos provided on some website.

The problem occurs when the browser plugin plays the video faster than the data stream is downloaded. There should be some preference or option setting for the player/plugin to increase the buffering level before the playback starts. That would mean a longer delay before the playback starts but would give the download a better chance to finish before the playback catches up and has to pause while the download refills the buffer.

There are several different plugins used (Real Player, QuickTime, Flash Player, etc., etc.) and I imagine the location and setting of options and preferences would be different for each.

Another possibility is where you can select "High Resolution" or "Low Resolution" download, the "Low Resolution" selection reduces the amount of data that has to be downloaded and improves the chances of the download staying ahead of the playback.