PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Posts!

Mark Singer
07-08-2004, 2:35 AM
I hit 1000 posts! Someone told me in a private message I get the Festool Tool of my choice now! I can't wait! The Rotex....please send one compliments of SMC.

Yeah sure....its great just to be here with my buddies!:)

Frank Pellow
07-08-2004, 6:52 AM
Thats quite a feet Mark. Thanks for all your contributions.

Tyler Howell
07-08-2004, 6:56 AM
That means we talk to much! Sorry, I got the last one 300+ ago:cool: . It works great.

Jim Becker
07-08-2004, 8:01 AM
Man, I never got a free Festool for running off my mouth... :D ...did get a free Jack Rabbit for that, but that was a long time ago!:o

Rob Russell
07-08-2004, 8:02 AM
Tyler didn't know that he gets to borrow that Festool until the next person hits 1000.

Chris Padilla
07-08-2004, 12:10 PM
Hmmm...dunno about this...I think I just post too much but it's fun! :D

I'll pass Milliunas in a little bit but I've got my eye on the Top Post Dog here, Mr. Jim Becker. :D :D

Mark Singer
07-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Chris,
I will never catch you or Becker....you guys have a lot to say and I even enjoy reading it!

Frank Pellow
07-08-2004, 1:06 PM
I was not even aware that there was a contest.

Of course, I will never catch up to the front runners but, Rob, I see that I am catching up to you.

Chris Padilla
07-08-2004, 1:19 PM
Funny thing, for a while when I was in the 300-500 post range, I was having a little contest with Mr. Tyler Howell. It was probably only known to me at the time but during that range, we kept thursting and parrying and then I finally blew him out of the ring! :D Tyler seemed unaffected by it but I enjoyed the miraculous pull-away.... :D :D

After that, I forgot about the number until YCF Dino came aboard with the massive June Giv-A-Way and I tried to used post numbers as a weighting mechanism with Aaron.... :D

Tyler Howell
07-08-2004, 1:33 PM
Tyler didn't know that he gets to borrow that Festool until the next person hits 1000.
Rob they have to come and collect!!!;)

Tyler Howell
07-08-2004, 1:36 PM
Funny thing, for a while when I was in the 300-500 post range, I was having a little contest with Mr. Tyler Howell. It was probably only known to me at the time but during that range, we kept thursting and parrying and then I finally blew him out of the ring! :D Tyler seemed unaffected by it but I enjoyed the miraculous pull-away.... :D :D

After that, I forgot about the number until YCF Dino came aboard with the massive June Giv-A-Way and I tried to used post numbers as a weighting mechanism with Aaron.... :D
Ahhh! a contest hey???? Sounds like a challenge. It is much easier to win when the competition doesn't no there is a race!!! You left coast guys:confused:

Chris Padilla
07-08-2004, 1:48 PM
Ahhh! a contest hey???? Sounds like a challenge. It is much easier to win when the competition doesn't no there is a race!!! You left coast guys:confused:Had I lost, you would have never have known, too! :D Hey, we got Mark on our "side"...you mid-land lake people...you need more 'salt' in your diet, me thinks! ;) :p

Jim Becker
07-08-2004, 1:53 PM
Actually, I kinda wish that the message headers didn't contain the total posts number. Sometimes folks pay too much attention to it, rather than the hopefully useful information or question that someone participating in the conversation has to impart. It shouldn't be a "contest"...like all communities, there are some who say a lot and some who comment sporatically. Both are important to the community as a whole. The real "winner" is the individual who learns something they didn't know, applies it and then helps someone else learn something new to them.

Dennis Peacock
07-08-2004, 2:23 PM
Actually, I kinda wish that the message headers didn't contain the total posts number. Sometimes folks pay too much attention to it, rather than the hopefully useful information or question that someone participating in the conversation has to impart. It shouldn't be a "contest"...like all communities, there are some who say a lot and some who comment sporatically. Both are important to the community as a whole. The real "winner" is the individual who learns something they didn't know, applies it and then helps someone else learn something new to them.

Exactly!!! Those that "win" are those that share what they have learned and experienced and those that learn from others during their various skill building exercises. I am one of those folks who have leared a LOT directly from posts on SMC and other forums. I only hope to contribute to others learning new skills as I learn new skills as time progresses. :)

Chris Padilla
07-08-2004, 5:05 PM
C'mon, Guys, it was a joke....sigh........

Rich Konopka
07-09-2004, 9:03 AM
What do I get for 100 posts? :D

Mark Singer
07-09-2004, 9:20 AM
What do I get for 100 posts? :DA link to Festool testing
http://benchmark.20m.com/tools/Festool/FestoolIndex.html:D

Rich Konopka
07-09-2004, 8:43 PM
A link to Festool testing
http://benchmark.20m.com/tools/Festool/FestoolIndex.html:D

Well thank you very much. I found exactly what I was interested in at Dead center of that page. Do you think I have to wait to get up to 1000 posts to get recommendations on Festools Dealers? I went into Woodcraft on Wednesday and they did not have them in stock as of yet.

Thanks Again.

Jim Becker
07-09-2004, 8:49 PM
Do you think I have to wait to get up to 1000 posts to get recommendations on Festools Dealers?
Nope, you contact Bob Marino and he'll take care of you without you needing to step out your door. No dealer can "stock"...Festool direct ships. Bob is very supportive of us, so letting him take care of your black 'n green needs is a great way to say, "thanks". You can contact him via his profile here at SMC.

Mark Singer
07-09-2004, 8:53 PM
Nope, you contact Bob Marino and he'll take care of you without you needing to step out your door. No dealer can "stock"...Festool direct ships. Bob is very supportive of us, so letting him take care of your black 'n green needs is a great way to say, "thanks". You can contact him via his profile here at SMC.
Jim is correct he took great care of me! Fast shipping! Great tool...the plunge saw and guides.

John Miliunas
07-09-2004, 9:59 PM
Jim is correct he took great care of me! Fast shipping! Great tool...the plunge saw and guides.

Yeah, and it didn't even take him 999 posts to find that out! :D I agree with Jim B. on the usefulness of posts, but sometime...Just sometimes...It's nice to just have a little fun with a bunch of folks I consider to be my friends! :) :cool:

Bruce Page
07-09-2004, 10:01 PM
A link to Festool testing
http://benchmark.20m.com/tools/Festool/FestoolIndex.html:DWow! Did you check out Phil's bench :eek: :eek: :eek: !!! An my wife thinks my bench is over the top!

Chris Padilla
07-09-2004, 10:17 PM
Wow! :eek:

Something to aspire to! :D

Jim Becker
07-09-2004, 11:25 PM
Wow...I'd have to kick up my already excessive anal tendencies a lot to match that. Sheesh. Another challenge. :D