PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Hospitality

John Fricke
02-15-2009, 7:32 PM
I made the short drive down to Pete Jordans today to mount a big piece of my burl on hs 3520B. What a machine! This piece was probably about 26" in diamater. Unfortunately it wasn't as sound as I had thought. It is quite punky. I had hoped to turn a large bowl to give to the guy I got the burl from. There is a lot of figure, spalting, and inclusions once I cut into it. I may have to set my sights on smaller bowls and use liberal amounts of wood hardener to keep the pieces together. We eventually gave up on the piece afte it came apart on us. Thanks to Pete for having me down. Didn't work out like I had hoped but a bad day of turning beats a good day at work.

Pete making lots of sawdust.

Bernie Weishapl
02-15-2009, 8:22 PM
Sounds like a good day was had by the two of you. Sorry to hear about the wood.

Steve Schlumpf
02-15-2009, 8:23 PM
Always happy to hear when 2 Creekers can get together! Looks like you must have had a lot of fun based on the size of that spinning blank! To bad it didn't hold together but there is always next time!

Ken Fitzgerald
02-15-2009, 8:40 PM
John...Pete's top shelf in my book. And any Creeker get-together I've attended has always been a real pleasure. Congrats!

Pete Jordan
02-16-2009, 8:52 AM
Hey John,

Sorry we couldn't make it work! We will do better next time. It was fun!

ROY DICK
02-16-2009, 9:31 AM
John,

I just love to see and hear Creekers getting together and sharing their knowledge.

Roy