PDA

View Full Version : Exaktor EX60 Sliding Saw Attachment

Alan Schell
02-15-2009, 1:55 PM
Has anybody put one of these together? The online instruction manual seems a bit weak. Did it go together okay?

What do you like best about it?

What do you like least about it?

What accessories do you recommend purchasing with it?

What saw did you mount it on? Did you have to modify the saw much?

How happy are you with the overall purchase?

Do you think it would work better with a left or right tilt saw?

I have a right tilt Delta 36-729, it appears that i need to move the Beismeyer fence rail over 6" to the right.

Bob Wingard
02-15-2009, 4:41 PM
Has anybody put one of these together? The online instruction manual seems a bit weak. Did it go together okay?

DEAD-ON accurate .. .. took a bit of fussing to get it therre, but great final results.

Attachment to the saw seems cheesy, but it works just fine.

I replaced the cheap ratchet-clamps that hold the fence to the pivot-points with cam-locks .. the originals broke almost immediately, and I needed to replace them .. tried a couple of the Rockler cam-types and they are fine. I also added some DeStaCo clamps with extra-long rods and some mounting plates that adjust (also from Rockler).

An OLD Grizz 1023

How happy are you with the overall purchase?

Love it .. I can miter a sheet of plywood with absolute accuracy

Shouldn't matter .. mine's right-tilt .. I guess with a left-tilt you might need to pay more attention to ensuring that any bevel cuts have the stock dead flat on the table to prevent burning, but you should do that anyway.

I have a right tilt Delta 36-729, it appears that i need to move the Beismeyer fence rail over 6" to the right.

I have a home-brew Bies. clone, and I removed the left wing and cut the rails flush with the table to make room for the slider. I didn't feel REAL comfortable doing that, but now that I'm used to it, it's fine.

Rob Grubbs
02-15-2009, 7:03 PM
I have had an Exactor EX60 for about 9 months.

Has anybody put one of these together? The online instruction manual seems a bit weak. Did it go together okay?Assembly was pretty straight forward. I cut the guide rail of the fence flush with the end of the saw instead of moving it to the right. Ideally I think this should be installed with the left wing removed from the table. That would get the sliding table closer to the blade. I couldn't do this because my saw is a left tilt. You could do this with your right tilt.

Always set up and ready to go. It's great being able to walk up to the saw and be able to get a nice 90 degree cut whenever you need one.

It takes up a lot of space and some ripping operations require you to move the fence. When you move the fence it has to be reset to 90.

None that I can think of.

General 650 left tilt. The only thing I had to do was drill two holes on the left side of the table to mount the bracket.

How happy are you with the overall purchase?Overall I think it is a good product if you need to bust up a lot of sheet goods. I have found that I can get by just fine with a sled instead. I removed the Exactor this weekend and I am going to put it up for sale. That is not to say it is a bad product, it just is not what I need.

Left tilt for reasons above.

Alan Schell
02-15-2009, 7:34 PM
Let me know what you will be asking for it.

frank shic
02-15-2009, 9:36 PM
i love mine. the instructions were sufficient to get the job done. the real trick is calibrating it so that everything is roughly square. i rebored the holes for the rail tube and moved it to the right instead of cutting it which also increased by rip capacity. i love the fact that it can handle full size sheets and give me FINISH cuts without any extra trimming. i wish it were a little smaller but that's the price you pay!