PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Cool Blocks

Larry Nagel
02-15-2009, 8:08 AM
I would like some feedback on a Laguna 14" bandsaw using their cool blocks for blades 1/8" or less? I recently bought this saw and really like it, but for trying to make some bandsaw boxes, which require some tight turns. I called customer support and really got nowhere. They seem to think "no problem". Not so sure about that. Am wondering if it is me or what? Does anyone use Carter guides on the Laguna? What say anybody out there?

Mike Lipke
02-15-2009, 8:31 AM
What? Laguna customer service wasn't helpful?
Balderdash.

Steve Rozmiarek
02-15-2009, 1:13 PM
Larry, on my Delta with the 1/8" blade, I run the blade back in the cool blocks. Maybe the Laguna blocks are different, I don't know. I back the blocks out, get the blade tracking correctly, than push the cool blocks up to the blade as I turn it by hand. This only works if you consider the cool blocks as disposable, but it does support the blade well.

Larry Nagel
02-15-2009, 3:28 PM
Steve, tried what you suggested and am having much better luck. Not really concerned if the cool blocks wear out faster. Thanks!!

Danny Burns
02-16-2009, 8:31 AM
For thin blades, I would try replacing the ceramic cool blocks with a hardwood block insert, and totally incase the blade in the wood blocks.

A good hardwood like maple should do the trick.