View Full Version : Hitachi KM12VC plunge sticks

Andy Favors
02-15-2009, 3:41 AM
I just got my router the other day, haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I have noticed that the plunge will stick in a position, even when I release it, it will be stuck. It will go back up if I give it a bump, but I'm sure that's not the way it's supposed to work. Is there a way to adjust these? I'm not seeing it, but I could be over looking something. Thanks.

Craig T. Smith
02-15-2009, 7:41 AM
Andy, You might try cleaning the guides and rods. It may have some packing grease and or grit on it. You also should check for burrs and dings. Sometimes after use mine gets gummed up and sticks, might just need cleaning. If you have to dissassemble those instructions should be in the owners manual. Happy Woodworking, Craig

Andy Favors
02-15-2009, 9:12 AM
Well, I ended up greasing up the rods. It had a dry feeling before, you could actually hear it. MUCH greasing and wiping off later, it is very smooth and quiet in operation. Evidently they didn't lube it well before they shipped it out. The instruction manual for this router is pretty much worthless. So there is no disassemble instructions in it.